Jeep Snow Tracks

What do you run for air pressure?
I feel pretty safe down to 8 I've lost beads lower.
In the spring it tends to thaw during the day.

Sometimes you can get in. Then have to stay the night and drive out the next morning.
Roads are on top in Oregon.
So it could be 6ft

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
I work for an electrical utility that covers a lot of mountain areas with crazy amounts of snow. We have a fleet of tracked vehicles. They are maintenance nightmare. Part of this is linemen using them but they're hard on a rig. If you really need to travel around in the snow and can't use a snowmobile buy a snow cat.

I work for an electrical utility that covers a lot of mountain areas with crazy amounts of snow. We have a fleet of tracked vehicles. They are maintenance nightmare. Part of this is linemen using them but they're hard on a rig. If you really need to travel around in the snow and can't use a snowmobile buy a snow cat.
Thats what a guy i used to hound hunt with did.
But I don't think I ever even rode in it.
He bought a piston bully, and put a Kubota diesel in it.
He said it worked great.
Had a blade for drifts and pushing trees out if the way.

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
@BRTreedogs they work great. Still don't sidehill very well but at least they don't break all the time. Everything I've seen tracks added to breaks. They're just a shit load of force on parts that weren't made to take it.

I feel pretty safe down to 8 I've lost beads lower.
In the spring it tends to thaw during the day.

Sometimes you can get in. Then have to stay the night and drive out the next morning.
Roads are on top in Oregon.
So it could be 6ft
5 psi is a good starting point, and usually have to get to that low before you really start to see the benefit. It is pretty crazy once you get to the single digits how every 1/2 psi lower makes such a big difference in performance. Have never had problems with beads at 4-5 psi. Have only had 4 come off after all these years running in the snow. Only one was a surprise, the rest I knew were going to happen. All at less than 3 psi.

5 psi is a good starting point, and usually have to get to that low before you really start to see the benefit. It is pretty crazy once you get to the single digits how every 1/2 psi lower makes such a big difference in performance. Have never had problems with beads at 4-5 psi. Have only had 4 come off after all these years running in the snow. Only one was a surprise, the rest I knew were going to happen. All at less than 3 psi.
My experience is at some point you fall into a deep soft spot.
And once you do its over. I've just gotten so sick of being stuck over the years and winching and winching.
I Pus out pretty fast these days its just not fun.

I am sure the snow is different where you are at, here anyway we rarely get more than a couple feet at a time even up high, that settles down to anywhere from 5-8 feet deep, and the snow especially in the spring is pretty consistent (and the deeper it is the more consistent). Do run into soft spots, usually from water running under the snow. 35s on a sub 5000 pound rig will generally get around ok all winter. What I see with most guys who are not impressed with what tires will do on snow, almost always have not aired down to the low single digits, and or have too stiff of tires.

Poser

WKR
Like others have said, tracks are good for getting around roads. Ski resorts use them on cat track roads for example, but for serious snow wheelin’, single digit PSI + big tires is often going to fare better if you have the skills an tools.