John Dudley

In a year or two JD may have them on top.

I like what Dudley has done for archery but I would be very surprised if this is the case. Unlike the other "celebrity archers/hunters" he has little to no exposure outside of archery. He doesn't have a TV show on cable like Bone Collector. Ralph & Vicki or the Drury's to name a few. You learn about him once you are already hooked on archery and looking for more knowledge to help you get to the next level.

TheCougar

WKR
I don't think I can handle this. It affects me so much, I can barely eat. What a week - First this Dudley guy changes bow company sponsors, then Prince Harry and Megan! At least Snyder is still with Gritty, otherwise I don't think I could go on...

Lord, how did we ever survive without the internet?!?!? Eight months til elk season... Eight months til elk season... Just hang in there, self. Eight months til elk season.

Last edited:

Kilboars

WKR
But he's always thinking and working on way to improve archery equipment.

Ie. He had them add a 2nd berger button on the new PSE so the rest would be locked in! That's a no brainer and the fact that every bow comes with only one hole and the rest may have a set screw to keep the rest in place is stupid. He also had them improve many other things as well.

Fast forward to min. 12:30

Ie. He had them add a 2nd berger button on the new PSE so the rest would be locked in! That's a no brainer and the fact that every bow comes with only one hole and the rest may have a set screw to keep the rest in place is stupid. He also had them improve many other things as well.

Agreed that it's a no-brainer improvement, but hardly the sort of thing that's going to turn any tides in the industry and get many people to start jumping ship to PSE.

Same goes for the kickstand. It's a good idea in theory. It seems to work great in the trade show booth. How's it work in the dirt and rocks and mud? Hopefully it's fantastic. But even if it is, how many people are gonna jump from Matthews, or Hoyt, or Obsession, or Bowtech, etc, etc, just to avoid buying a $10 kickstand from TruGlo?

Again, I'm not saying he doesn't have great ideas. He clearly does. But I just don't see it being enough to put PSE "on top" "in a year or two". That's an awfully short timeline. But that also depends on what metric we're measuring "on top" by. PSE is already a huge company, but respect for the company at large has suffered severely, and rebuilding trust and respect takes time, and a lot more than a couple of moderate improvements to designs that otherwise work, but could be slightly better.

PSE seems serious about getting back on top, and maybe within 5 years they can do it. But if they do it, it will be the result of a hell of a lot more than just feedback from Dudley, IMHO.

All the bear bows have had two Berger holes for a good while now.

Kilboars

WKR
I thought the kickstand was kind of a silly idea but for some it's an option.

Time will tell but his got people talking about PSE now more than I've ever heard.

I was a Mathews guy for years and have owned a couple of carbon hoyt's but I'm pure Prime now. I'll keep an eye on PSE.

OP
Shupe88

Shupe88

WKR
c7a90766bd41334dc347e75ff38f98e1.jpg

How did I not think of this. The guy is pretty smart. Some may already have done this but it never crossed my mind. Just tied mine this way on my triax and it works perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

netman

WKR
LOL, dont know who the heck he is but after reading this thread.... YES, I think this shit is very over dramatized!
I agree! Here’s why... my friend is the former VP of PSE. He is retired. I asked him today if he is still in the know. He said I talk to Pete quite often.
Thinking of this thread I asked him what he thought of John Dudley coming to PSE?
He said Who?

I agree! Here’s why... my friend is the former VP of PSE. He is retired. I asked him today if he is still in the know. He said I talk to Pete quite often.
Thinking of this thread I asked him what he thought of John Dudley coming to PSE?
He said Who?

What time-frame we talking? Was he among the leadership who tanked PSE's reputation, and made Pete decide to come out of retirement and take the reins to try to claw back the company he built into something respectable again? ;)

netman

WKR
He’s been retired for several years. Exact years I’m unsure. However I’ll see him at the gym and I could ask him for you.

I thought the kickstand was kind of a silly idea but for some it's an option.

Time will tell but his got people talking about PSE now more than I've ever heard.

I was a Mathews guy for years and have owned a couple of carbon hoyt's but I'm pure Prime now. I'll keep an eye on PSE.

I am also prime as well but I’ll shoot that new nock on pse and see how it feels, I admit I haven’t tried a pse in 5 years. I just love my primes

Happy for Dudley and super excited for both PSE and where the products go with the new collaboration. As well as Hoyt and what I hope will be a period of “humility” to put their feet to the fire to improve upon areas that customers have been wishing to see improvements.

Grumman

WKR
I’m out of the loop on PSE pricing. Is that in line with last years bows?

Primetime

FNG
Yeah this shop has been known for being 50 to 100 off one way or the other. At 1099 that makes it slightly cheaper then the Mathews vxr 31.5 and the new Hoyt n bowtech. They are selling at 1150 at that shop. Just an FYI. I know every pro shop has slightly different pricing, as it is to how they are ranked as a dealer. The bigger the order the better the price is what I understand from the people I’ve talked to in the past in it.