Kentucky Elk

sram9102

WKR
I probably average quite a few stupider 30 dollar purchases a year. It would be nice to try hunting 6 hours instead of 30 hours from the house.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

elkguide

WKR
For me, it's either 32 hours to Idaho or get lucky in the draws in Wyoming or Montana and that only saves 5 or 6 hours.

sram9102

WKR
Ya CO is on the radar in the near future but ID is the only place I've ever gone. I also have have family just a little west of where you can hunt in KY. The KY hunt is a pipe dreamanyways.

TravisIN

WKR
Ya CO is on the radar in the near future but ID is the only place I've ever gone. I also have have family just a little west of where you can hunt in KY. The KY hunt is a pipe dreamanyways.

Hahah pipedream is positive thinking even

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KHNC

WKR
Is it even legit to think you can find many bulls in KY without an outfitter? Seems like all i read are the good areas are locked up by outfitters already. Makes that cheap tag turn into a 6-7k hunt!!

FLAK

WKR
I been applying forever, but I'm starting to re think. Some of the stuff I'm reading lately makes me think its not the hunt it once was. May be my last year in.
Oh well, I think the live draw is sat.,,,we will know soon.

You have a better chance of winning the power ball. If you do draw a tag by some miracle, you will see elk. I found 6 different bulls in one zone area not counting the others. I think In total I found 23 different bulls in all the areas my buddy drew for. But it’s completely different ballgame than out west. Good luck

That math doesn't math

THallock

FNG
I’ve nwver hunted elk before and I’m thinking about entering the Kentucky elk lottery. If/when I get a tag how does one go about finding decent places to hunt. I obviously know that I will need to do a lot of scouting. But I have no idea where I would start. I love in Ohio about 4 hours away. So scouting would be limited. Any suggestions on where and how to start?
You can try Virginia also. 15 bucks. But impossible also lol.

fatlander

WKR
Virginia’s hunt is like a civil war reenactment. You’ll have spectators.