Kifaru Fulcrum vs. AMR

10-12 day Alaskan sheep/grizzly hunt, guided naturally.

Thoughts?

Pros/cons from users?

Aluminum Rain

Lil-Rokslider
I am contemplating the same. If you plan on packing a rifle i think the fulcrum will be the better choice with the option to attach a small pocket on the webbing on the bottom center of the backpack for rifle butt. I currently have a dt2 with the same 2 pockets as the amr and no webbing. Carrying my rifle on the dt2 pack gives me fits.

I am leaning towards the ma duece.

I have both the Ful/AMR

I would go with the AMR.
The Fulcrum has great storage but it is contained in vertical bags as part of their total capacity, where the AMR is one solid bag. That means you can add a lot more long vertical bags (like on the fulcrum) and have huge space..

Plus I find the AMR with less straps and and parts, to be easier and cleaner to compress.
Both great bags, I still have both cause they have unique uses.

pc3

WKR
Watching with interest, as I'll be adding a bigger bag to compliment my impending 44 mag.

I am considering the Fulcrum, AMR, Ma Deuce and perhaps the Crater.

I think the AMR with spotting scope pocket mounted one side and say sunrise tactical tripod holder on the other side would make a great bag..............then your at Ma Deuce price etc. The AMR from my research cinches down into day pack mode the best.

The Fulcrum with center zip though would be best in some instances.

My ideal bag might be a Hoodlum that's say Crater size, with some Pals webbing at the bottom and a full length center zip

OP
NYRifleman
I di like the center zip option, although mfllood makes a good point about adding vertical pouches to the AMR

If you are a guy who is always in and out of bag (Day mode) then yea the center zip is handy. But I mounted 2 vertical spotting scopes to the side and 2 large belt pouches and had snacks, camera, etc easily accessible. I am not a guy who needs to get in the bag, until I get an animal down, and am after the kill kit supplies.

I also feel the AMR is a bit narrower, where the Fulcrum is a "Wide Load" , when packed for 7 dayers.

I will be selling my Fulcrum eventually, but never the AMR. I like simple, single bag engineering.

I like big bags and I cannot lie.

*zap*

WKR
On the amr I think that adding a removable divider above the bottom compartment zipper would make the bottom area more functional for quick access of gear.

oldhorse

WKR
I was going to buy a new AMR, but Ranger Green was not an option. I emailed Kifaru, asking when RG AMRs would be back in stock. Frank replied that due to low sales, they had no plans to restock RG. I could live with another color, but 99% of my other gear is RG.

I was going to buy a new AMR, but Ranger Green was not an option. I emailed Kifaru, asking when RG AMRs would be back in stock. Frank replied that due to low sales, they had no plans to restock RG. I could live with another color, but 99% of my other gear is RG.

My AMR is CB and my Fulcrum is RG. I like both colors equally. At first it was all CB, but then I like RG, now, it isn't even an issue, unless I am in front of a mirror, looking at myself, wearing my pack, thinking how cool I look.
lol

oldhorse

WKR
I like Coyote Brown, but to me it looks an awful lot like an elks backside! I know a lot of people use CB gear and make it off the mountain every year without getting shot. I just need to get over my mental block about using it during hunting season!

N2TRKYS

WKR
I use my AMR as a day pack. I wouldn't like a center zip on it at all. The bottom zip is more than enough to make getting items very easy and quick.