Kifaru Stryker

Did few test runs with it this week with my saddle hunting rig this week. Climbed with it on with my bow attached as I put sticks up. Worked great. I made a paracord handle to. Hang it from. Had a fanatic jacket and arctic shield boot covers in the main bag.
d215e37842939ea9ae894a62b72dd98c.jpg

30605b0d8c1e85a8bb6a9cff02cc20d4.jpg

If you have a chance at some point, could you share a picture of what the pack looks like in the tree. I'm curious about how accessible the bag's contents are with that zipper open. So many bags collapse on themselves, but the Stryker looks promising.

I'm working on a bag design right now for saddle hunting that is currently (on paper) a combination of the Mystery Ranch Treehouse and Spartan, as well as the Kifaru Stryker Cargo Panel.

Thanks!

22Jdub

Lil-Rokslider
If you have a chance at some point, could you share a picture of what the pack looks like in the tree. I'm curious about how accessible the bag's contents are with that zipper open. So many bags collapse on themselves, but the Stryker looks promising.

I'm working on a bag design right now for saddle hunting that is currently (on paper) a combination of the Mystery Ranch Treehouse and Spartan, as well as the Kifaru Stryker Cargo Panel.

Thanks!

It collapses inward a little but not bad. Most things I want to access in the tree will be in the two medium belt pouches. One is on the top of the outside and one at the top of the cargo panel. This way it's easy to acccess both of them, the main bag and the small top zipper while hanging in the tree.

SpineENGR

FNG
Did few test runs with it this week with my saddle hunting rig this week. Climbed with it on with my bow attached as I put sticks up. Worked great. I made a paracord handle to. Hang it from. Had a fanatic jacket and arctic shield boot covers in the main bag.
d215e37842939ea9ae894a62b72dd98c.jpg

30605b0d8c1e85a8bb6a9cff02cc20d4.jpg
Thanks for the pics! It definitely looks Versatile. I’m torn between the Stryker and the Shape Charge. 🤷🏻‍♂️

bsnedeker

WKR
Is anyone contemplating cutting off all the pals webbing? All that unnecessary webbing is the only thing holding me back from ordering this guy.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

prm

WKR
I have considered cutting off most of the Pals. I won’t use it, especially on the cargo panel portion.

22Jdub

Lil-Rokslider
The pals webbing on the cargo panel is actually pretty useful. I've used gear ties on them and I also have a medium belt pouch on the top of the cargo panel. I'm sure you could cut them off but they don't really hinder anything

WoodBow

WKR
Is anyone contemplating cutting off all the pals webbing? All that unnecessary webbing is the only thing holding me back from ordering this guy.

To gain what? A very minimal weight savings? It might not get used much but it sure is handy sometimes.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Thanks!

what kind of steps are those??

bsnedeker

WKR
To gain what? A very minimal weight savings? It might not get used much but it sure is handy sometimes.

I think you would be surprised what that webbing weighs. Im betting you could lose almost half a pound off that thing.

WoodBow

WKR
I think you would be surprised what that webbing weighs. Im betting you could lose almost half a pound off that thing.

I made mine so i have literally felt the weight of all the webbing. A half pound is probably a bit much but not far off. I personally like the look of pals. And even though i dont tend to sell gear, if had bought one i wouldnt want to cut the resale in half by cutting off the pals. Having it on ther gives you a lot of possibilities....that you might never need....but if you do, it will be real handy. I get that ounces count. But i dont think ive ever been like man that extra half a pound really kicked my butt.
2fc80afc12c3312a399c0e7fbcc4f406.jpg

bsnedeker

WKR
I made mine so i have literally felt the weight of all the webbing. A half pound is probably a bit much but not far off. I personally like the look of pals. And even though i dont tend to sell gear, if had bought one i wouldnt want to cut the resale in half by cutting off the pals. Having it on ther gives you a lot of possibilities....that you might never need....but if you do, it will be real handy. I get that ounces count. But i dont think ive ever been like man that extra half a pound really kicked my butt.
2fc80afc12c3312a399c0e7fbcc4f406.jpg

Yeah, I totally get where you're coming from. I'm just a minimalist and I never use any of the extra attachment points on any of my packs so to me it's just unnecessary weight. The way I look at it if I can cut 6 to 8 ounces off my pack that's another 6 to 8 ounces I can carry in optics or my sleep system or something else that actually adds to my capabilities. It's not that the extra half pound is the issue if that makes sense.

If I buy a striker I doubt I would ever sell it and doubly so if I alerted it.

SpineENGR

FNG
Random question for you guys with the Stryker. Is there a way to use the clips to create generic backpack straps? I know its a weird question but I won't always need the frame and hauling capability so it would be nice to use it without a frame.

Random question for you guys with the Stryker. Is there a way to use the clips to create generic backpack straps? I know its a weird question but I won't always need the frame and hauling capability so it would be nice to use it without a frame.

See WoodBow's post here.

SpineENGR

FNG
See WoodBow's post here.

Perfect. Thank you.

22Jdub

Lil-Rokslider
Loaded for turkeys in the morning. Looks like temps in the high 20's and snow on the ground so packing a little more than usual.
- decoys
- camera gear
- tripod
- buddy heater/tank
- boot covers
- calls/snacks.
dd8ae33d7392ef33a6e973e8cb005a44.jpg