Kuiu Axis Pants…tailoring?

Aoudaddy

Lil-Rokslider
Bought some not too long ago for upcoming hunts. I normally wear 32 waist but had to bump up to 34 on these, not a problem as Ill likey layer underneath, however, the pant legs are really wide especially below the knee, i have skinny legs and this causes a bunch of material to bunch up when putting on my gaitors.

Has anyone with this similar problem considered getting the legs slight tailored for a less “baggy” feel and a more tapered leg?

I reckon they would feel and look better if I did get mine tailored and would still leave enough space for underlayers.

I bought the axis pants and I really like the fabric but the cut is exactly as you stated, "Baggy". They would be perfect if they tapered like the other series.

I used to own a pair of kuiu attack pants and i did take them in from the knee down a bit to get rid of excess material even tho i dont wear gaiters and dont have skinny legs. I do that to all my pants that are more of a boot cut tho, i don't like extra material around the ankles cause i dont wear padded moon boots

OP
A

Aoudaddy

Lil-Rokslider
I used to own a pair of kuiu attack pants and i did take them in from the knee down a bit to get rid of excess material even tho i dont wear gaiters and dont have skinny legs. I do that to all my pants that are more of a boot cut tho, i don't like extra material around the ankles cause i dont wear padded moon boots
Any issues with the stitching/seams after they were worked on? Do you recall how much (inches) they brought them in?

I had my wife do it. I usually have her leave the original stitching intact unless there is a crazy amount of extra material that would be irritating, because its easier and also just in case my wife's falls apart, but i havent had that issue. Depends on how loose they are but i usually just have her taper them from 0 below the knee to about 1-2 inches at the bottom

Like i said tho, i don't have skinny legs at all. If you need to take them in alot and you cut away excess material make sure you use good thread and do multiple very sturdy stitches. I know next to nothing about sewing so take my advice with a grain of salt lol

Muley0234

FNG
Are Kuiu Axis pants able to tapered? I have the ash color and it doesn’t appear they have an ordinarily seam along the sides, whereas the attack does.

Jimss

WKR
I have super long chicken legs and have no problem with baggy Teburon or Guide pants. You may want to try them? I haven't tried Axis so don't know how they compare?

Muley0234

FNG
I have super long chicken legs and have no problem with baggy Teburon or Guide pants. You may want to try them? I haven't tried Axis so don't know how they compare?
I’ll take a look at those. Yeah the axis is like beyond a boot cut. I’m not looking for them to be wrapped tight around my boot, but these things are super loose.

OP
A

Aoudaddy

Lil-Rokslider
Finally decided to take mine to the tailor, theyll be removing about an inch of material and taper that down to the hem. Basically, because the pant is pieced together, the tailor is going to create an inseam on the inside of the pant legs, but they will be fitting a little bit looser than my Prana Zions. Pretty excited to get them back, will post pics, if anyone is interested because they have the same issues with their Axis as I did.

OP
A

Aoudaddy

Lil-Rokslider
Got them back, really impressed with how my re-designed Axis turned out!