Kuiu Pro pack size for early Nov S. Colorado Elk?

bere09

FNG
Long time lurker and I love the forum, but it's time to start asking questions. I'm getting back into hunting after a 20 year hiatus so I'm pretty much a noob and I have a 3rd season Rifle Guided Elk hunt coming up in S. Colorado and I'm looking for a day pack for the hunt. We have a cabin to stay in. I'm thinking about the Kuiu Pro 3600 as a day pack for the hunt to carry layers, spotter and tripod along with some snacks and other neccesities. Do you think this is large enough to handle those duties? Could I go smaller?

Also, would love it if anyone has a 15% off + Free Shipping code they're not going to use.

Thanks!

Last edited:
May be too small. I run the older 3K pack for Coues and it can get pretty full when it’s time to strip layers. Not much meat on a Coues so packing everything out isn’t an issue.

Late season means more layers and potentially bulkier layers. Throw in having to pack out an elk, or also have to carry the stuff in the guide’s pack so he/she can carry meat, and you may be hosed. May want to consider the 5K and just cinch it down.

OP
B

bere09

FNG
Thanks for the feedback man! Carrying the layers is my main concern.

The 3600 will be plenty for a daypack. I’ve used it on 2-3 day trips as well as my go to day pack. Lots of attachment points to strap items if needed also. Remember you also have the load sling to carry meat/extra gear if needed.
Hit up Chris for his code also.

OP
B

bere09

FNG
The 3600 will be plenty for a daypack. I’ve used it on 2-3 day trips as well as my go to day pack. Lots of attachment points to strap items if needed also. Remember you also have the load sling to carry meat/extra gear if needed.
Hit up Chris for his code also.
I'd love to hit him up but still working on my 10 posts. As soon as I do I will definitely reach out.

Good point on the load sling. How is the durability on yours?

Durability has been good. I made some extra straps to secure the load to my frame instead of using the bag to sandwich it while using the load sling also.

OP
B

bere09

FNG
Thanks for the feedback and a big thanks to @fmyth for the hookup on the code. (It wouldn't let me PM you back yet because of my post count but I wanted to show my gratitude.) I pulled the trigger on a 3600 and I'll do some test runs with my stuff to make sure it works or see if I have to go a bit bigger.

fmyth

WKR
Thanks for the feedback and a big thanks to @fmyth for the hookup on the code. (It wouldn't let me PM you back yet because of my post count but I wanted to show my gratitude.) I pulled the trigger on a 3600 and I'll do some test runs with my stuff to make sure it works or see if I have to go a bit bigger.
Glad to hear the code worked. Good luck on your hunt.