Let see your best camp photos!

AKDoc

WKR
Keeping with the Hilleberg theme...I'm crouching behind the best tent I've ever owned and doing cow calls...calling moose into camp is the way to go with those big guys!
IMG_4878.jpg

Last edited:

AKDoc

WKR
River camping on a 10-day, hundred-mile drop-float in very remote western Alaska...it flows continuously through fly-fishing heaven all the way to the coast...done it four times already, and I'm booked again for next year!...
IMG_3118.JPG
and then looking directly backwards just ten-minutes later the photo below was taken...
IMG_3115 (1).JPG

Last edited:

TX1

FNG
2020 All 3 pics same hunt in CO 1 day difference, went from 2 man down to 1 man overnight .

Attachments

• IMG_2288.JPG
    IMG_2288.JPG
    264.9 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_2283.JPG
    IMG_2283.JPG
    517.3 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_2275.JPG
    IMG_2275.JPG
    645 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:

AKDoc

WKR
Caribou hunt?
Primarily a grizzly hunt for my friend (I've already taken a couple of grizzlies)...saw a bunch of different sows with cubs, no shooter-boars sighted on our side of the lake. Strong wind was super white-capping the lake every day so we couldn't safely cross to the other side with our PR-49HD's, but we did have one calm day to get on the lake (no shooter-boars sighted on that day)...
IMG_1249 (1).jpg
My friend got a grizzly the following year...my apologies to others for the thread drift in my response.

AKDoc

WKR
A 10-day, wt restricted, drop-camp moose hunt in western AK on a hard-freeze morning.

Pretty basic set-up...a luxury/gourmet kitchen in the back-ground (case of MRE's, dry bag full of Mountain Houses, MSR Windburner stove, etc.)...a custom/lavish front porch on the other side of the tent (out of sight) with a Helinox chair and table LOL!.

Seriously now, I absolutely love my Hilleberg Staika...that thing has proven itself bombproof in extremely high winds/rain/snow for over a half-dozen years. I use it solo...my hunting partner has the same tent set-up at a distance out of the picture (so he doesn't keep me awake snoring all night!)
IMG_0668 (1).JPG
(below is a picture later that day...you can see that I did laundry that's drying on my inner tent door...lol!)
Edit: I added an aerial thumbnail below for setting context.
IMG_0672.JPGIMG_0664.JPG

Last edited:

rayporter

WKR
cheap wally world tent on our first trip. it did not survive the night. but with 2 down we did not care.
ic8dcsj.jpg