Let see your best camp photos!

lwrider20

FNG
Ya I’ve done everything from tents to sleepin my truck. Honestly it’s nice to just pull up and the only thing I have to setup is my chairs around the campfire

AKDoc

WKR
Ya I’ve done everything from tents to sleepin my truck. Honestly it’s nice to just pull up and the only thing I have to setup is my chairs around the campfire
I know what you mean, it is nice for sure...my wife and I enjoy road trips together very much every year.

Below is a pic from last summer on a road trip along the Haul Road (Dalton), way up past the Arctic Circle. Just backed-up the truck/camper to the river and enjoyed a fire that evening (it's about 9pm in the photo!).
IMG_4624 (1).jpg
Below is a thumbnail image of our rig...I'm glassing a Muskox grazing along the river drainage (can't see him in the pic) and a thumbnail image of just one of countless wonders along the way of that road-trip.
IMG_5362.JPEGIMG_4598 (3).jpg

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I know what you mean, it is nice for sure...my wife and I enjoy road trips together very much every year.

Below is a pic from last summer on a road trip along the Haul Road (Dalton), way up past the Arctic Circle. Just backed-up the truck/camper to the river and enjoyed a fire that evening (it's about 9pm in the photo!).
View attachment 365489
Below is a thumbnail image of our rig...I'm glassing a Muskox grazing along the river drainage (can't see him in the pic) and a thumbnail image of just one of countless wonders along the way of that road-trip.
View attachment 365488View attachment 365492
I can't think of much I enjoy more than sitting around a camp fire.

BrandonD

FNG
Classified Approved
Best one I got. Davis Wall tent 14 by 16.

Qsy5oM9.jpg
I am looking at one of these, How are they for durability?

Circa 1977. The old army tent camp that my dad and I would live in for days at a time while dredging for gold on the Mokelumne River. See the gold pan and carpet washing tub lower right of first photo? The carpet on the dredge catches much of the gold dust. You wash all the sand off of the carpet and then pan it out with a simple metal pan, just like they did a 173 years and more ago. Lived on trout, frogs, and ground squirrels. Dad lived on fried baloney and Coors.
Gold-Mining-on-the-Mokelumne.jpg

My folks ran this place during the season. We dredged for gold during the off-season. Roaring Camp Mining Resort.

Last edited:

AKDoc

WKR
Hunting the hillsides for spring black bear in AK. A few hours up-river in my freighter canoe...set-up camp on a gravel/sand bar and ditch the motor...then portage over to and paddle up a creek for a few more hours that runs along the mountains towards the origins of the valley...spot for awhile, and then slowly float back to camp arriving around last light for a camp fire (midnite that time of year!)....repeat daily from camp for three days (wx permitting!)
IMG_0327.2.jpg
a few additional pics below for context...
IMG_2135.2.jpgBearHunt.019.jpgIMG_0334.JPG