Let's See Your Semi-Custom Tikka Builds

Fascinating evolution, @Jacob196 ... how'd you find the KRG's ergonomics?
Loved the KRG ergos! It really is an amazing rifle chassis. It's just a little hard to carry comfortably in a Kifaru Gun Bearer and is just a bit bulky for a dual purpose hunting rifle. However, I still have two bravos on other rifles and love how they operate.

Dobermann

WKR
Good to know ... I'd been tossing up between leaving my 223 hunting T3X in the factory stock, or moving to the KRG ... think I might leave it as is (or possibly put it in a Hi Tech Stocks carbon-fibre stock), and use a 6.5 Creed CTR barrel and action in a Bravo for matches/field shooting.

Prairiekid

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a t3 in 300wsm today, the barrel was chopped to 19.5 inches and has a bit of surface rust. Because of this I got a good deal. It’s stainless.
I’ll test it out hunting this year to see if I like the cartridge.
But I’m thinking a Carbon Six barrel 22” in 300wsm and a aftermarket stock maybe Wildcat composites.
Do you guys think I can get it close to 6lbs for just the bare rifle?

I want a rifle I can do it all with, from WT -Yukon Moose. So I like the idea of the 300wsm but what other cartridges should I consider in this action? I think the 6.5 prc fits well? Obviously not as good for moose though.
Thanks.
I look forward to figuring this build out.

DavePwns

WKR
I bought a t3 in 300wsm today, the barrel was chopped to 19.5 inches and has a bit of surface rust. Because of this I got a good deal. It’s stainless.
I’ll test it out hunting this year to see if I like the cartridge.
But I’m thinking a Carbon Six barrel 22” in 300wsm and a aftermarket stock maybe Wildcat composites.
Do you guys think I can get it close to 6lbs for just the bare rifle?

I want a rifle I can do it all with, from WT -Yukon Moose. So I like the idea of the 300wsm but what other cartridges should I consider in this action? I think the 6.5 prc fits well? Obviously not as good for moose though.
Thanks.
I look forward to figuring this build out.
300 WSM should do best at 24-26 inches, I think 22in is doable for sure. Let me know how the gun does at 19.5, I'd be curious if a 19.5 inch 300 wsm would beat out or compete with the velocities a 30-06 with a 24in barrel with a 200 grain bullet. If you have access to a chronograph please let me know how it does, I'd like to build a 21 or 22 Tikka in 300 wsm in the near future with a 5 in suppressor

Treerat-sniper

Lil-Rokslider
My version of the "practical rifle" T3x in .308, it's stock other than cut down to 20" & just recently added M/T bottom metal (old pic). Warne rings, 20 moa base, Leupold 1.5-4 IR 30mm hog. I have a spare new take off barrel if I ever wear this one out (doubtful). I've shot 125s to 180s with it & have yet to find a load it didn't digest well.tikka outside 2.jpg

Last edited:

NVVAHunt

Lil-Rokslider
25edcdc0f16b72593dee9b18ed0f6f7c.jpg

I’ll play along. T3 in 300 wm. B&C stock and a Grizzly Gunworks clamp on muzzle break. The break really helped tame recoil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moose83

Lil-Rokslider
Anybody out there with a tikka battue in a non factory stock. I need something with more of a monte carlo style buttstock, short for end, and a long but tight ish grip. I have the factory stock kind of cobbled together in this configuration but I'm looking for something lighter. I'm in Canada so I'll probly end up customizing a wildcat... but I figured I'd check anyways. Thanks