Let's See Your Semi-Custom Tikka Builds

Just ordered mine. Its going to be a Tikka stainless T3 action with a 24" Hells Canyon Summit chambered in 280ai, 8.5 twist, bedded in an Allterra Carbon Hunter. Hopefully its worth the 4 month wait. More importantly, hopefully my wife doesn't find out. 🤫

BjornF16

WKR
Just ordered mine. Its going to be a Tikka stainless T3 action with a 24" Hells Canyon Summit chambered in 280ai, 8.5 twist, bedded in an Allterra Carbon Hunter. Hopefully its worth the 4 month wait. More importantly, hopefully my wife doesn't find out. 🤫
MF

Is that the Mountain Killer package or the HCA Tikka Carbon Killer package?

Just ordered mine. Its going to be a Tikka stainless T3 action with a 24" Hells Canyon Summit chambered in 280ai, 8.5 twist, bedded in an Allterra Carbon Hunter. Hopefully its worth the 4 month wait. More importantly, hopefully my wife doesn't find out.

That’s going to be an awesome set up

Does hell’s canyon offer the Allterra stock now or are you getting them separately?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the Mountan tactical and I like it but the latch was machined rough and I had to smooth it out- 5 min fix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What contour is a factory Tikka contour closest to? I'm working on burning out my barrel so I can get a new one :)

Also, for those of you that have the AG composite privateer, how similar is the comb to an axial/alterra? I like the looks of the AG better but I like the comb line on the axial

Spoonbill

WKR
What contour is a factory Tikka contour closest to? I'm working on burning out my barrel so I can get a new one :)

Also, for those of you that have the AG composite privateer, how similar is the comb to an axial/alterra? I like the looks of the AG better but I like the comb line on the axial
Proof sells tikka contour barrels.

I was wondering the same thing, been looking at both the Axial and the AG Composite privateer stocks also.

khuber84

WKR
I am hopeful 6.5lbs bare.

Figuring 30oz for action/trigger, 26oz for the stock and 40oz for the barrel. That's 6lbs then add bottom metal and bedding compound.
You should be very close. My 300wsm from HCA in a Mesa altitude and summit barrel was right at 6.5#.

brad407210

Lil-Rokslider
I finally got my Tikka rebuild wrapped up in time for mule deer season, this was the first time I've done a semi-custom and I screwed up so much in the process I want to build another one this winter just to capitalize on all my mistakes. I used a Lilja 3-groove 26" barrel with the factory Tikka lite contour in 9" twist chambered in 7mm Rem Mag, Wildcat composites full length I-beam stock cut down to match the factory LOP finished with rustoelum texture spray and a limbsaver pad, Zeiss V4 4-16 on Tallley rings and a Harris bi-pod. I worked up a load with 150 ELD-X and H4831SC because they were the components in stock from the most places this summer when I was working up the load. Most groups are about 1/2 MOA and excluding wind calls the last several trips to the range kept all my groups sub-MOA out to 600 yards including user error. It came in at 8# 6oz unloaded as pictured and it got broke in on a muley at 250 yards this week.1.jpg