Lightweight scope

deadwolf

WKR
Nightforce SHV 3-10x42

It’s 20.8ozs, heavier than all scopes mentioned, but the quality of NF, a 30mm tube, the reticle choices, ability to dial if you decide you wanted to, are all worth the weight penalty in my opinion. And it’s going to be more durable than anything mentioned so far. Not to mention it will hold zero and track like it’s supposed to : )

I have one on my Barrett fieldcraft and it’s makes for a killer setup at 6lbs 10oz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EastMT

WKR
I threw a VX1 2-7x33 on a 5.25 lb 325 WSM shooting 200 grain bullets. I can’t imagine more recoil punishment, and it never moves. Rode around in my atv rack bouncing around, 2 goat hunts, sheep hunt, several bear hunts. Never moved a drop. At $149 pretty hard to beat. And if you scratch it up dragging it across the shale on a stalk you aren’t even upset.

JWP58

WKR
I threw a VX1 2-7x33 on a 5.25 lb 325 WSM shooting 200 grain bullets. I can’t imagine more recoil punishment, and it never moves. Rode around in my atv rack bouncing around, 2 goat hunts, sheep hunt, several bear hunts. Never moved a drop. At $149 pretty hard to beat. And if you scratch it up dragging it across the shale on a stalk you aren’t even upset.

I'm running a burris 2-7x35mm with the ballistic reticle on my 243. I miss the 2-7 leupold. It was lighter, about the same glass quality though.

Check out the SWFA SS
SWFA SS Ultralight 2.5-10x42 Riflescope Details
Matte Finish
Plex Reticle
1" Tube
Weight: 9.5oz
0.25 MOA Adjustments
when I received the SWFA email on this scope I bought one within seconds - ended up with 3 stitches at the eyebrow, I've had "scope touch" many times but never even close to this extent - I then sat down and looked CLOSELY at the scope specs, 2 3/4" eye relief ?? I called SWFA and they, with no questions asked, offered a complete refund even though the scope had been mounted AND shot - they (quietly) admitted this scope was "sort of" designed with .22's in mind - TOOO BAD as in all other features this would make the perfect hunting scope for a lightweight rig ….

I'm running a burris 2-7x35mm with the ballistic reticle on my 243. I miss the 2-7 leupold. It was lighter, about the same glass quality though.
for the price the "new" Burris scopes feel pretty nice - there are no longer "BURRIS" though, conglomerate owned, made offshore (like most everything else these days) and time will tell if they hold up - As far as I can see, and I am ONLY 1 shooter but I shoot a lot, Leupold has everything I'll ever need, as a "non dialer", in rifle scopes and no matter what I have on any rifle I will ever own I would not be clueless enough to call ANYTHING "Leupold" a "POS", but that's just me …..