Lightweight Supressor cover

Johnksully

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone found a good lightweight suppressor cover? My shinny titanium suppressor doesn't look great on my camo rifle...

TxLite

WKR
Cerakote or high temp grill paint is lighter than a cover

A cover isn’t necessary when hunting, but if I’m target shooting at distance or shooting AR’s I have been very happy with my Coletac. The silencerco one melted to my can so I would avoid that one.

I use the Armageddon gear. They work well

I also used the cerakote air dry on a suppressor. But it still has a shine to it I think

SloppyJ

WKR
Are you doing it just for aesthetics or for heat mitigation? I have no dog in the hunt, still have 4 in jail but they'll be here before too long.

OP
J

Johnksully

Lil-Rokslider
Are you doing it just for aesthetics or for heat mitigation? I have no dog in the hunt, still have 4 in jail but they'll be here before too long.
I just want it to use while hunting. It doesn't need to have anything for high heat since it will just be for hunting and at the range I won't have it on. My silencer is a polished silver and it's super shinny.

atmat

WKR
I just want it to use while hunting. It doesn't need to have anything for high heat since it will just be for hunting and at the range I won't have it on. My silencer is a polished silver and it's super shinny.
Most people say you’ll get more benefit of it at the range, since it’s main purpose is not concealment but to prevent heat mirage.

Weldor

WKR
For hunting, what about Silicone tape? takes 500 degrees and is self adhering(no residue).

SloppyJ

WKR
Why not just get it cerakoted then? That might be the best option. The cover would be beneficial at the range or if you're going through thick brush and worry about beating it up IMO.

I went with the Armageddon gear for hunting...covers my can and it keeps it from getting dinged up and scratched...works well at the range too.

Why not just get it cerakoted then? That might be the best option. The cover would be beneficial at the range or if you're going through thick brush and worry about beating it up IMO.
I use covers for hunting. Eliminates the shine, Protects the expensive can from scratches etc, as well as to reduce heat waves in scope.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Please see attached link, I use one and have to say im very impressed. This is off course that it will fit your suppressor.

https://www.fhfgear.com/products/ta...color=coyote-brown&cgid=fhf-accessories-rifle

Glendine.
That looks nice, I’m going to order one, too bad it won’t beer for the goat opener this weekend.

I’m guessing that since this is a thing: https://www.milehighshooting.com/th...e-fusion-ultra-7-gen2-limited-edition-30-cal/

Then it should fit my standard TBAC 7 perfectly.

Shiny doesn't matter when hunting. Animals pick you off because you are moving, not because you have shiny gear.

If it is just to make you feel better, then get some black grill spray paint and have at it.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Rauch Precision makes a lightweight hunting suppressor cover. That's what I use.

Shiny doesn't matter when hunting. Animals pick you off because you are moving, not because you have shiny gear.

If it is just to make you feel better, then get some black grill spray paint and have at it.
I think a coyote coming into a call will
Pick up glare. Nice sun gun to the eye and I think they will notice. But just my opinion I guess. They don’t talk so hard to say what spoils them and what they notice. But have had coyotes spot us even when not moving at all. Have to wonder if it isn’t the shiny beam in the end of the gun

kswaterfowl

Lil-Rokslider
I think a coyote coming into a call will
Pick up glare. Nice sun gun to the eye and I think they will notice. But just my opinion I guess. They don’t talk so hard to say what spoils them and what they notice. But have had coyotes spot us even when not moving at all. Have to wonder if it isn’t the shiny beam in the end of the gun
Exactly! Coyotes will pick you out in a hurry if you are shining like a beacon out in a pasture.