Little Pet Peeves

AZ8

WKR
My biggest pet peeve: People that don’t understand the purpose of the on-ramp to the freeway!!

Driving 35mph all the way down the on-ramp and then trying to merge with traffic going 70mph never works! All it causes it a backup on the on-ramp because now you have to almost stop because no one the freeway will let you in.

The on-ramp is long enough and designed in a way that any car can get up to speed to smoothly merge with freeway traffic without a hiccup!

When I was living in the Phoenix metro, it was especially bad when the winter snowbirds arrived with their Buicks and they just HAD to use the freeway at 630am when most of us working stiffs were on our way to work! Driving 35mph doesn’t cut it!

WCB

WKR
I hate it when my wife makes dinner plans for us without checking with me first. Shit pisses me the hell off, nothing worse than getting home from work, thinking I'm going to get a solid workout in then chill then finding out we are supposed to go eat at some fuckers house at 5pm or something.
Your wife makes plans for you without you also? I know something is up as soon as I walk in the door and she is straightening up the house past normal living status. I instantly ask "who's coming over for dinner".

The latest one was the best? or maybe worst?.... In December I was informed, upon asking my wife what our plans were for the weekend, that "OUR" Christmas present for her sister was installing her new flooring in her entertainment room. This was on the Thursday before I was apparently scheduled to install her floor.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Your wife makes plans for you without you also? I know something is up as soon as I walk in the door and she is straightening up the house past normal living status. I instantly ask "who's coming over for dinner".

The latest one was the best? or maybe worst?.... In December I was informed, upon asking my wife what our plans were for the weekend, that "OUR" Christmas present for her sister was installing her new flooring in her entertainment room. This was on the Thursday before I was apparently scheduled to install her floor.

Ouch….yeah thanks for planning a weekend of labor for me lol. Been there with painting my wife’s friends new house once.

Reactions: WCB

Scoot

WKR
Hahaha! Most married guys have been there, fellas! Fortunately I'm not very skilled at too many things, so don't get roped into too much...

Sherman

WKR
Literally can correctly be used in a bunch of cases. A good one is when you are trying to clarify that your not speaking figuratively. For example, "I was so nervous I vomited. ... and I mean that quite literally!"

But... to your point... that bugs the crap outta me (but I actually mean that figuratively).
My be point exactly. Although it can be used correctly it is a bit redundant to throw it in there. If somebody told me they were so nervous they vomited, I would take it as they were so nervous they vomited. “....and I mean that quite literally” is a redundancy.

Sherman

WKR
If true, stay the heck away from Washington state! Doing that is in their driver manual - probably first thing on Page #1.

We'd probably get along - my greeting is "Morning". I don't even want to presume if someone is having a good one or not! Get grief about it all the time - as I walk off.

Small pet peeve: How hard is it to just put that item back where you got it from when you are done? Doesn't matter the item - just put it back!
I didn’t realize I did this until my pastor pointed it out to me. When anybody told me to have a good morning/day/weekend I would respond “Thanks. I will.”

My pet peeve is when people use the word “literally”. My wife used it a lot.

Examples:

“There’s so much laundry my head is going to literally explode.”

-No it’s not. You’re effing head is not going to “literally” explode. Wrong use.

“The trucker cut me off and I had to literally slam on my brakes.”

-correct use of literally, but not needed. If you had just said, “I had to slam on my brakes,” I wouldn’t question if you were speaking literally or figuratively.
Agreed! My daughter literally uses the word every sentence. Except she says "lilerally" drives me up the damn wall.

Nwihunter

FNG
Mine is definitely people that leave their shopping carts next to there car and then drive off. How damn lazy have people gotten that they can’t push their cart over to the cart corral. I saw a brand new 1 ton F-350 in the parking lot at Menards with someone’s cart up against it. What the hell???

And also people who throw trash out the window of their car. I’ve come to the conclusion that almost every time I get out of my car I’m within 100 feet or less from a garbage can. It’s really not that hard people!!!

Last edited:

Maki35

WKR
That's pretty ODC. Maybe tell them to supply their own ammo next time.
My pet peeve is "lending" (clearly stated as lending) something to a friend and having to ask for it back months after they're finished with it or receive it back broken.

M-Wig

Lil-Rokslider
Being late is not tolerated in the least little bit. If I tell you we are leaving my house at 5 AM to head tor hunting/fishing/camping trip and you get too freeway off ramp at 5. Keep going you missed your ride.
Preach on. I have in-laws who have never been on time to anything in the 20 years I've known them. I don't mean 10 minutes late. We're supposed to eat at noon on a holiday, MIL is bringing the turkey, and they show up at 3:00 with an uncooked turkey. The family thinks it is funny, but drives me nuts. I was raised to be early to everything. Better to be an hour early than a minute late.

I don't let a lot bother me. That said, someone arguing with me when I know something to be a fact.
Me: 2+2 is 4.
Them: Ya know...I think it may be 5.
Me: No. I know it is 4.
Them: I'm not sure. 5 sounds like it could be right.

TheGDog

WKR
"Hi... my name is Gary... and I have OCD."
<Group> "Hi Gary..."

-=-=-=-

To elaborate on the gentleman who mentioned when people ask a question like "How's it going?"

What's the answer we're all supposed to give? Without me even saying it... we ALL know the expected answer... the answer that every mofo usually pipes up with? "Fine." Even if like your Mom passed away y'day... what's that person gonna say? "Fine. <Then opens up about the funeral or whatever>

And like, all manner of bad isht could have just recently happened to you, but the expected response that most others instinctively somehow believes is supposed to be said back is.. "Fine." Matter of Fact... lotta times if you DON'T at least respond back FIRST with "Fine." People secretly will say with each other that you're a belly-acher , a whiner, a Negative Nancy, or whatever.

For some time now, I simply say "Um, I'm doing Fair." cause I mean, truly most of us are never really just "Fine" there's always SOME little piece of drama or responsibility at least going on to some degree disrupting your peace on some level.

-=-=-=-

The Moving Road Block -aka- The Wall of Prius'es

You're on the Fwy... where in SoCal the de facto speed limit is realistically like 80-85mph. Then you get these low-money mofos in cars like a Prius... and I dunno.. maybe because of the raping in Gas Prices out here.. they perhaps get uber frugal with their attempts at stretching out their MPG? And I'm like... that's ok and everything... but move it the freak over!!!! They SERIOUSLY need to patrol for enforcing the move it over if you wanna go slower BS. And soooo often... you'll encounter thee MOST frustrating configuration of this problem... I call it the Wall of Prius'es. Ya end up getting like them and one or two other turd-box sub-compacts with barely enough oomph to get out of their own way all lined up close to each other.... somehow magically not keying in to the fact that there's now this ever-increasing space in front of them... and errbody and their Mama now crowding in behind them!? It's like how discontented from reality freakin' are you!??

-=-=-=-

Ladies who can NOT... for the life of them... post up a picture that isn't filtered to death to where they don't even look human anymore.

-=-=-=-

Ladies who leave up as their profile pic, a pic from like 10-15 yrs ago. And the them of today is WAY in the hell different, if you catch my drift.

-=-=-=-

Ladies who draw WAY in the freak outside of their lipline with their makeup! I mean, don't get me wrong, judiciously doing it a teensy bit for a dressed-up special occasion to enhance a look a lil bit... sure. But like... when it makes others question whether or not you have Vision problems? You really need to reconsider your choices here.

-=-=-=-

People on Social Media who weirdly take it as a personal attack on them when you're simply over here in the convo/debate debunking and shooting holes in all the flaws in the logic they presented in their assertions during a discussion. That's soo weird to me! As an engineer, we're constantly doing that with each other. You observe the point being made, think about it, and offer up your argument as to why that assertion is wrong or flawed. The interest being to arrive at the truth. It's not about like trying to make the other person look bad, (though I can certainly do enjoy doing that too when they're trying to be a sheeple virtue-signalling cvnt).

-=-=-=-

When the Wife buys anything other than Charmin Ultra TP. I've had to hold my tongue on that as of late with the supply chain BS though.

-=-=-=-

How the large friends group I got added into after pairing up with the wifey... you'll hear all these middle-aged single ladies bitching about how they can't find a man (or at least one worth a isht)... and yet... they seem to mostly only attend these functions with "the usual suspects", which basically doesn't change all that much. Just don't like hearing people whine about isht they have the power to do something about I guess.

-=-=-=-

New one lately? When I hear someone say "Impordant" instead of "Important".

-=-=-=-

Biggest Pet Peeve of all time? When in a "discussion" with the Mrs when she's pissy and she starts in with the cutting off my sentences, and attempting to just talk over me. I know it drives her crazy, but I'll just simply wait until there's any little bit of pause then go RIGHT BACK to the beginning of that sentence and just start it over again. I will not be silenced, it's a war of attrition... I WILL NOT allow myself to be silenced by others when it's important and involves claims made about me and my honor/character. I can ALWAYS logically show and prove how and why I'm not the blame, the vast majority of the time. And I'm not dodging the blame either... for if you can offer up a valid observation and support it and bring up a viewpoint nad perspective I hadn't considered, I'll humbly concede if the logic is solid.

-=-=-=-

When somebody IM's you, or TXT's you... and you make it a point to note that is seems to be an urgent matter for them... so you reply quickly... but possibly need clarification so you pose a simple question that would only require a one word answer.... and then......... nothing.... for a significant while.

It's like... is this important to you? Or isn't it? I had to pull myself out of the isht I'm deeply focused on for work... just to answer your trivial, yet important for logistic decisions question.... and then you don't reply back in timely manner? WTH!

-=-=-=-

Ugh... people in a business setting that try soo damn hard to choke their sentences with fvcking business jargon words!!! (such as Gavin Newsom, for example) HATE this!!! "On a go-forward basis" Oh. so you mean "from now on" then, right? Well then just fvcking say "From now on" ya douche!

-=-=-=-

When people don't put tools back where they got them from!!!

Last edited:

TheGDog

WKR
I hate when I unknowingly misplace something, blame my kids for losing it, and then the wife finds it in a place that was obviously my misdoing.
I feel you man.

There were a few times I caught myself getting really upset thinking the Mrs must have done something like that, then determined that no, it was me. So yeah... learned to not jump to conclusion on that without first performing an exhaustive search.

Literally can correctly be used in a bunch of cases. A good one is when you are trying to clarify that your not speaking figuratively. For example, "I was so nervous I vomited. ... and I mean that quite literally!"

But... to your point... that bugs the crap outta me (but I actually mean that figuratively).
My wife was once accosted by a homeless dude demanding money and was upset that she declined. He declared, “You don’t know how hard it is being functionally illiteral!!!”

Guess he speaks figuratively all of the time!