Looking at getting a bigger tent..which way to go?

Superdoo

WKR
Th

That Palace is amazing! Need that for our camp mess hall!
Just an FYI on the link I shared…
Amazon shipped it USPS who then informed me that I owed them an additional $100 because it was over weight and over sized. I took option two and told them to return it to sender.
Just ordered a white duck and it will be here this week.

sneaky

"DADDY"
You stated that you wanted to fit 3 guys AND a stove. That rules out the Kodiak/Springbar options. ( I have a 10x14 and it’s perfect for two with no stove, could “squeeze three in if necessary but it would be tight). If you went the tipi route and were using it during later, colder weather, you would need a non-collapsible stove unless you want to get up every two hours to feed it small diameter wood. Also consider how large the footprint is for the tipi style shelters that will accommodate three and a stove. I’d be looking at a wall tent if it were me and I planned to hunt later seasons in cold weather.
Disco bed cots and 3 would fit easily in a 10x14 Flex bow. 3 separate huge cots? Nope, not with a stove.

Zeke6951

Lil-Rokslider
I think you could do 3 and a stove with the 10x14 Kodiak Canvas, but for sleeping only. A lot would depend on the location of the stove. I have slept 4 in a 10x14 KC, we had a small Buddy heater to warm the tent before bed and while dressing. Little room for much more. I have several times slept 3 on cots in the KC.

We have the 12 x 20 Alaknak. Good tent. Keep all the gear in the vestibule and normally just my brother and I but also keep the camp table in there. It is a huge tent, pretty easy to set up but it is bulky. BIg enough for 4 easily with the stove.

Attachments

• alaknak.jpg
    alaknak.jpg
    522.9 KB · Views: 17
We have the 12 x 20 Alaknak. Good tent. Keep all the gear in the vestibule and normally just my brother and I but also keep the camp table in there. It is a huge tent, pretty easy to set up but it is bulky. BIg enough for 4 easily with the stove.

Yeah, those Alaknak's are pretty awesome. Super easy to setup, great in the wind, rainproof/leakproof, warm, tall, easy to clean, yada, yada, yada .....

Superdoo

WKR
I want to hear how that works out. Interesting design.
Set it up and am quite impressed. Easy set up and a tone of space. I’m 6’2” and can stand 48” from the center pole before my head touches.
I’ll get a full review done near the end I of the month and post it up.

If you want light I'd guess you are looking at an 8 or 12 man teepee as discussed earlier. I'd done 3 week plus hunts in Alaska with an SO 8 man and stove, each time with 3 people. The nice thing about the 8 with the carbon pole and stove is that 3 can backpack it pretty reasonably and have a pretty damn nice backcountry campsite. I do definitely get wandering eyes for the 12 man. And most places we go we could just count on harvesting a pole and save that weight. We do fine with 3 and a stove, but the 12 makes a palace for 3 and very comfortable for 4. Good luck!

11boo

WKR
Set it up and am quite impressed. Easy set up and a tone of space. I’m 6’2” and can stand 48” from the center pole before my head touches.
I’ll get a full review done near the end I of the month and post it up.
About 70 lbs and big as an army duffle?