Lumbar Pad for SO Divide?

FIRE_TX

FNG
Hi I'm new to Rok Slide. Buying a SO Divide 4500 and curious on the lumbar pad option. Likely will get it just in case but any thoughts from those that have some miles on the pack? I'm 5'7", 160....so not a big dude. Will be hauling 30-40 lbs mostly for hiking....occasionally for hunting.

I have no idea why one wouldn't order it. Pretty sure you could return it too, not 100% but i think ive heard kevin t say that

OP
F

FIRE_TX

FNG
I have no idea why one wouldn't order it. Pretty sure you could return it too, not 100% but i think ive heard kevin t say that
Thanks for the fast feedback - my thoughts as well. I'll contact on the return policy. Any input on the the hip belt pockets and are they functional? Finally - hydration port is not standard. I usually use a hydration bladder. Is anyone using these packs with a bladder? Sorry for the topic creep!

From what i understand, if you have a muscular curved back the lumbar pad is probably gonna be more comfortable than not having one, and i tend to agree based on my experience. I got 2 hip belt pockets and they are nice but a little harder to open one handed than the kuiu ones if the pocket is not pretty full. I got the hydration port cause i use a bladder too but i also got a water bottle pocket in case i want to leave the bladder. The SO packs are so customizable in this way i didn't see the point in limiting myself from all the options when i ordered to at least try it all out. I just wish i got my daypack merlin in xpac, i wasn't aware it was an option

Edited: just saw that you posted your height, you might not need any frame extensions but id ask seek outside

Last edited:
OP
F

FIRE_TX

FNG
From what i understand, if you have a muscular curved back the lumbar pad is probably gonna be more comfortable than not having one, and i tend to agree based on my experience. I got 2 hip belt pockets and they are nice but a little harder to open one handed than the kuiu ones if the pocket is not pretty full. I got the hydration port cause i use a bladder too but i also got a water bottle pocket in case i want to leave the bladder. Id also recommend the frame extensions unless you are pretty short. Im 6' and i could certainly get away with the standard height in daypack mode but theres no way id wanna pack weight without the 2" extensions in. With 75lbs rucking the 2" extensions are great but anything more id want the 4". The SO packs are so customizable in this way i didn't see the point in limiting myself from all the options when i ordered to at least try it all out. I just wish i got my daypack merlin in xpac, i wasn't aware it was an option
Wow - great suggestions Cameron! I think the 2" will be great for me on the heavier loads given my shorter stature! I just saw on their site that they are looking at adding some new one handed hip belt pockets based upon the new Flight 2 but these are not available yet for other packs. Is it pretty easy to mount the hydration bag?

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
FYI the new pack pockets should be order able soon, but will take a few weeks to be delivered.

No problem! Yeah there is 3 tab loops above the hydration port and they send you so much strapping it should be no issue, you could just use a carabiner to hang the bladder too. I haven't actually used the bag with the hydration port yet, i got my pack fairly recently and have just been rucking with sandbags using the load shelf so far but i should probably test that out soon lol

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The Divide does not have a Hydration Port BTW .. but it can be added in the custom shop by building a 4800 integrated with whatever pockets and a port

yeti14

Lil-Rokslider
In the larger scheme of things I think trying out the Lumbar pad is a pretty small investment. For what its worth, I was dead sure I would like the traditional captured belt with the lumbar pad. Turns out the most comfortable configuration for me was uncaptured without a a lumbar pad. Moral of the story, you wont know until you give it a shot.