Mathews 2021 V3 Review

sfotiades

FNG
Currently having this issue right now and have been contemplating changing the strings out.

mww982

WKR
Thinking about dumping my Triax for the V3. Going to shoot the 27 and 31 this week along with some others. Is the V3 worth getting rid of the Triax? Leaning towards the 31, wanting to get back into something with a litter longer ATA.

jingalls

Lil-Rokslider
After fighting with the OEM strings on my V3 31, I changed them out for Gas Ghost strings. That decision fixed my issues with peep rotation and tuning. I’d highly recommend the Gas strings be put on as soon as you purchase your new V3.

Well I finally went in and shot the V3 31. Smooth and quiet compared to my old Hoyt.

I am now a Mathews owner. LOL

MG35

FNG
Well I finally went in and shot the V3 31. Smooth and quiet compared to my old Hoyt.

I am now a Mathews owner. LOL
Now do yourself a favor and get an ultraview grip. After all of the mods I’ve put into mine it’s been a standout difference in my groups. $60 you can thank me later

Now do yourself a favor and get an ultraview grip. After all of the mods I’ve put into mine it’s been a standout difference in my groups. $60 you can thank me later
Is this what your saying?

MG35

FNG
Is this what your saying?
Yes sir. Only no offense to CB but I’m not looking to put his merch on my hunting bow. Maybe that one is for you but mine I went with the white Ultraview version. I was between the white and black and ended up doing the white. Regardless of what color you go with - I can assure you, I wouldn’t bring it up if it didn’t work. Good luck this season brotherman.

here’s mine with white

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    391.5 KB · Views: 31
Yes sir. Only no offense to CB but I’m not looking to put his merch on my hunting bow. Maybe that one is for you but mine I went with the white Ultraview version. I was between the white and black and ended up doing the white. Regardless of what color you go with - I can assure you, I wouldn’t bring it up if it didn’t work. Good luck this season brotherman.

here’s mine with white
CB?

MG35

FNG
CB is Chris bee. He started beereal merch. I like Chris I shoot at pro shop and range where he used to shoot we know a lot of the same people but I just think that the ultraview version of the grip is much sharper looking than the beereal version. But yes that one in the pic is one you want other than the little yellow bee it’s the same exact product as my white UV grip

How is this bow if you creep off the wall? I shoot a bowtech rpm and love everything about it but the fact it wants to go if you get off the wall just a little bit.

MG35

FNG
How is this bow if you creep off the wall? I shoot a bowtech rpm and love everything about it but the fact it wants to go if you get off the wall just a little bit.
Honestly man if you’re in the market for a new bow just about anything you pick up s you’ll enjoy. The Mathews. 3 is much more dead in the hand than anything I’ve shot. The grip & cam dump on it for me has been my only gripes. Yes far as coming off the wall you almost have to push it to get it to go. Same principal as what I was saying about cam dump. Feels amd behaves that way because the cams are shaped like teardrops but it’s an easy tune and a great bow!

zekesteve

FNG
I have never owned a Mathews. I typically shoot a bow for many years so after 12 seasons with my Bowtech Sentinel it was time to try some new bows out.
I shot 2 Bowtechs, a Prime and the new V3 Mathews in both lengths

My archery shop suggested I shoot the new Mathews. I’ve never liked a thick grip and that was always my beef about a Mathews. I agreed to shoot them after holding the V31 and was pleasantly surprised how good it felt.

I was shocked at how smooth, quiet, easy aiming and fast it was! I wanted to buy another Bowtech. But I had to admit that the V31 was all around better bow compared to all that I shot. I shoot 27” draw at 65# with a 530 grain, 28” Kinetic. The V31 was actually 64# and was faster than everyone else by 5-10fps.

Les you are spot on with your review! My new Mathews should be in my hands by the end of March. Can’t wait!!!
I know how you feel. I still have 2 BT and love them, but when my new Solution cracked a limb in only 2 weeks, I made the change. V3 31, shoots my 496gr 5mm Axis 6 fps faster than my SR6 (both 29.5' @ 70#) Had to change the factory grip instantly, and been running a UV both I've got side plates and plan to give them some serious time after this season. I may never sell my SR6 or my Fanatic 3.0 but this V3 REALLY shoots well.

Dykstra01

FNG
Ok l just picked one up myself....been mathews for long time had the switchback for ever loved it went to the creed great bow....now V3....what l want to know is what Arrow/broadhead is everone shooting....

gelton

WKR
Ok l just picked one up myself....been mathews for long time had the switchback for ever loved it went to the creed great bow....now V3....what l want to know is what Arrow/broadhead is everone shooting....
What poundage are you shooting and what is your DL?

Grisha

Lil-Rokslider
I've been a hoyt guy my whole life and had every intention of switching to Mathews for this season. Although the v3 seemed quieter, the hoyt still had a smoother drawback which was worth more to me...
Just shot the v3 31 and the hoyt ventum. Couldn't agree more (I currently own a hoyt). That said, I will probably go with the v3 as the bow had zero shock/vibration - probably the smoothest shot I've ever experienced.

gelton

WKR
Right now lm shooting 340 axis with 125 heads
Definitely going to want to switch to 300's maybe 250 or 260 depending on your insert weight and if you want to run collars.

I am shooting 70# with 28.5" draw and was shooting BE Rampages .300 with 125gr IW Solids and 25 gr IW hit insert and 25 gr IW collars.

Tuned great but arrows are brittle, not so much upfront with the collars but on the nock end...have 11 arrows out of 24 that were destroyed and I rarely shoot more than 3-5 arrows at a time and at 20 and 30 yards shoot at totally different areas on the target.

Switching to the Victory RIP TKO's in .300 (if they ever get back in stock) ditching the collar and using 50gr IW Hit Insert.

Nothing wrong with Axis, but whatever you do, you will definitely want to check the spine, .340 will probably be a little weak unless you drop down to 100 grain head and 15 grain insert.

Dykstra01

FNG
Definitely going to want to switch to 300's maybe 250 or 260 depending on your insert weight and if you want to run collars.

I am shooting 70# with 28.5" draw and was shooting BE Rampages .300 with 125gr IW Solids and 25 gr IW hit insert and 25 gr IW collars.

Tuned great but arrows are brittle, not so much upfront with the collars but on the nock end...have 11 arrows out of 24 that were destroyed and I rarely shoot more than 3-5 arrows at a time and at 20 and 30 yards shoot at totally different areas on the target.

Switching to the Victory RIP TKO's in .300 (if they ever get back in stock) ditching the collar and using 50gr IW Hit Insert.

Nothing wrong with Axis, but whatever you do, you will definitely want to check the spine, .340 will probably be a little weak unless you drop down to 100 grain head and 15 grain insert.
Ok thanks....l might juat shoot 70lb like my creed to finish the season....lol just forked out enough cash on the bow dont want to break the bank with arrows yet......but l was thinking the 300 with 125s and 25 gr collars for next year and then bump upnto 75lb