Maven c series vs athalon Midas uhd

Maven c series vs Athalon Midas uhd

• Total voters

Decker

Lil-Rokslider
In market for new binos. Main purpose of these would be for glassing and 3d archery. Who has used each? Pro and cons? The specs are fairly similar except fov on maven touch smaller. Anyone input would be great!

Agross

WKR
What power are you looking at . May sound weird but in the 10’s I preferred mavens, and in the 8’s I preferred the Midas. Both nice binos on a budget.

OP
D

Decker

Lil-Rokslider
What power are you looking at . May sound weird but in the 10’s I preferred mavens, and in the 8’s I preferred the Midas. Both nice binos on a budget.
Looking at either 10x50 or 12x50. I have a set of 8x vortex already

Hotmail

Lil-Rokslider
I have a heck of a lot of Binoculars including the Athlon Midas in 8x42 and 12x50 UHD Gen 2 and to my eyes the 12x50 is brighter and clearer. I also have am Athlon Cronus 10x50 Rangefinder Binoculars with superb glass and 10x42 Cronus UHD Gen 2 which just get along with my own eyes it makes me extremely dizzy and nauseated looking through them, their field flatteners probably way too intense for me. But read on... Regarding field flatteners...

I can make an off the wall suggestion if you really want to save a lot of money for ultra high end high quality glass for dirt cheap. The ScoopX UHD 10x42 typically sells for $249 on Amazon and sometimes go on sale for around $224 but you could buy them for as cheap as $55 - $65 on eBay. They're night and day clearer than my Athlon Cronus UHD Gen 2 10x42s and lighter too and the field flatteners I'm the ScoopX UHD don't make me dizzy or nauseous looking through them. They're a noticeable step up or two in quality compared to the Midas UHD Gen 2s in regards to glass quality and total edge to edge sharpness. You would need to spend at least 10x the price and buy a Zeiss Conquest HD in order to edge the $65 ScoopX UHD out. They're dirt cheap because they don't have any more unlimited unconditional lifetime warranty support. That's why you buy 4 for the $55 apiece price break for you own im house lifetime warranty without having to pay the $25 cost to ship Binoculars with insurance from other (non-Vortex) brands in for warranty. For $220 for 4 you got yourself more than a lifetimes worth. Their included ScoopX branded Vortex and Leupold marsupial type Binoculars carry pouch and harness alone are worth at least $30+ each plus at least $15 for the included camera phone eyepiece adapter. I have zero affiliation with this brand nor with Amy of their sellers or dealers and I bought all 5 of mine used open box damaged box for around $50 apiece. Now you can buy them brand new for as cheap as $55 apiece when you buy 4. All of mine has been trouble free.

The only Maven Binoculars I currently own are the 18x56 B5s. Fantastic glass I can't see how any other more expensive brands could possibly beat this one in regards to sheer optical excellence.

Hotmail

Lil-Rokslider
No idea why my rather long winded post disappeared.
I must have tested close to 200 Binoculars to date many returned for refund that were either junk or not worth the money paid or broken defective. Some I buy 2 or more of just to see sample variance especially the generic brands.

I ended up buying and keeping all FIVE ScoopX UHD 10x42s because nothing can touch them short of spending at least 10x to 12x the price for a Zeiss Conquest HD. They're currently as cheap as $65 or $55 when you buy 4 at a time on eBay while Amazon always been selling them and I'm fact still selling them for $249 or $224 whenever they go on sale.

If you like the Athlon Cronus UHD Gen 2 the ScoopX UHD is better according to my own eyes and also significantly better than the Midas 8x42 and 12x50 due to the field flatteners and lighter weight.
I have all of them and had I known the ScoopX UHD was already superior I wouldn't have spent significantly more money when I bought the Athlons but definitely keeping the 12x50 Midas UHD Gen 2 because it's 12x and 50mm it's the closest to the ScoopX UHD in optical clarity IMHO based on my own testings.

If you can find a Kiichi Terasawa 12x50 last selling price $79.99 on Amazon or $299.99 Walmart online they're really close to Athlon Midas UHD Gen 2 level of clarity and almost as clear as the $55-$65 ScoopX UHD. I've never seen them selling on the used market ever. They're actually built like the Meopta B1 PLUS like a tank.

I wouldn't personally prefer to buy any Chinese Mavens but the B5 I have is utter heavenly bad ass and would actually prefer Athlon for best quality name brand Chinese at almost reasonable prices IMHO.

Elmer J. Fudd

Lil-Rokslider
I saw the Scoopx brand recommended in another post and bought a pair for 30 bucks on eBay. Side by side with my vipers you can’t tell much if any difference.

Hotmail

Lil-Rokslider
I saw the Scoopx brand recommended in another post and bought a pair for 30 bucks on eBay. Side by side with my vipers you can’t tell much if any difference.
That's a really good deal I paid average $50 apiece used for mine with price of shipping factored in.

I'll recommend a few other cheapies since the $79.99 Amazon (or $299.99 Walmart online) Kiichi Terasawa 12x50 all sold out and gone too bad that one was just like ScoopX UHD bad ass but built like a tank if you like 12x IBQ 12x50 with $40 off coupon $99 Amazon currently cheapest sale ever never seen them less than $110 lowest price. eBay or Mercari has them sometimes for under $50 open box or used. Also Deesoo 12x50 pretty good buy them when they have 40% off sale regularly $65 on Amazon. They're identical to the $359/$299 sale Birds of Prey brand 12x50 from Amazon I have both. Same friggin exact Binoculars just different brand label so even paying $65 regular price ain't so bad eh? Seen one open box sell for $29.99 free shipping on eBay recently. I paid around $35 for mine just recently Amazon 40% off sale. About as clear if not a hair clearer than my Leupold BX1 12x50 definitely clearer than Vortex Diamondback HD.

This is what I do compare everything optics as a hobby of mine. Binoculars, spotting scopes, and rifle scopes. Buy everything to find out best bang for your buck and keep the ones actually worth keeping and return the rest for refund rinse and repeat cycle give the next buyers better deals on used like new returns.

Elmer J. Fudd

Lil-Rokslider
That's a really good deal I paid average $50 apiece used for mine with price of shipping factored in.

I'll recommend a few other cheapies since the $79.99 Amazon (or $299.99 Walmart online) Kiichi Terasawa 12x50 all sold out and gone too bad that one was just like ScoopX UHD bad ass but built like a tank if you like 12x IBQ 12x50 with $40 off coupon $99 Amazon currently cheapest sale ever never seen them less than $110 lowest price. eBay or Mercari has them sometimes for under $50 open box or used. Also Deesoo 12x50 pretty good buy them when they have 40% off sale regularly $65 on Amazon. They're identical to the $359/$299 sale Birds of Prey brand 12x50 from Amazon I have both. Same friggin exact Binoculars just different brand label so even paying $65 regular price ain't so bad eh? Seen one open box sell for $29.99 free shipping on eBay recently. I paid around $35 for mine just recently Amazon 40% off sale. About as clear if not a hair clearer than my Leupold BX1 12x50 definitely clearer than Vortex Diamondback HD.

This is what I do compare everything optics as a hobby of mine. Binoculars, spotting scopes, and rifle scopes. Buy everything to find out best bang for your buck and keep the ones actually worth keeping and return the rest for refund rinse and repeat cycle give the next buyers better deals on used like new returns.
I appreciate it. It’s nice being able to afford extra binoculars to throw in vehicles and give to the kids to use. I’ll be looking into these other ones you mentioned as well

Hotmail

Lil-Rokslider
If you need cheaper HD 8x32s better than Vortex Diamondback HD quality the Visionking 8x32 HDs from eBay for $39.99 free shipping are actually worth buying. Zero eye fatigue glassing with them for nearly a whole day with. The 5x25 Visionking are also incredibly awesome for $55.55 with an unbelievably wide FOV while Amazon selling rebranded version of these same Binoculars for close to $90. These shipped directly from China and took a month to arrive. Cheap spotting scope Bossdun ED 25-75x60 for $47 plus $3 shipping from eBay I also bought they're closer to 20-40x pretty good quality actually not the typical Chinese crap sold by other brands and way better built than most. Image quality way better than your typical sub $200 cheaply made Simmons and Tasco and generic branded crap.

If you want cheapest possible HD Binoculars that actually don't suck for $15.99 regular price on Amazon with free shipping if you spend at least $35+ total order if you have Prime, have 2 year warranty huge 23mm eyepiece much better than average construction for a sub $100 Chinese made Binoculars Sephitopher 12x42 HD which actually are 8x or 9x in reality not as clear as ScoopX UHD but they're only $15.99 with at least Vortex Diamondback HD level of glass if not better. I compared them with a lot of other sub $100 Binoculars and entry level name brands as well these actually did super. Low light and glassing in pitch darkness is where they're noticeably behind compared to the Leupold BX1. Daytime can't tell much difference if any.

The $55/$65 ScoopX UHD absolutely cannot be beat by any cheaper priced Binoculars I pretty much already tested them all you wouldn't believe how many Binoculars I returned for refund most were totally crap typical cheaply made Chinese mostly plastic with crappy glass. The certain cheaper ones are just cheaper but not equal to them not even close. Just need to know which specific ones are the cherries to pick actually worth buying out off all the overpriced Chinese junk out there. You'd be surprised there's way cheaper better ones than the $500 Chinese Nikon Monarch M7 or 7 with much better glass and less chromatic aberration such as the ScoopX UHD even some other sub $50 ones were actually clearer.

SVBONY SV202 ED 8x32 currently on sale for around $100 with discount code on eBay also worth buying instead of the overpriced Chinese Nikon Monarch M7 or 7 but I feel the $39.99 Visionking HDs are more than fine for less than half the price. Build quality is superb for sub $50 Binoculars you wouldn't believe it. Same with the $55.55 5x25 Visionking. Not the typical overpriced Chinese crap. I tried making lower offers with zero replies so I just paid their asking price just searched for the lowest priced ones to buy.

Hotmail

Lil-Rokslider
Everyone deserves to actually get the absolute most for their hard earned money and pay the cheapest prices possible for stuff made in China. I honestly believe that Chinese made name brands are grossly overpriced and are only corporate profit oriented after comparing them side by side with these certain cheapies I recommended. I too was once a strictly name brand only buyer paying top dollar for all my overpriced Chinese made name brand stuff until I started buying very cheap generic brands also Chinese BTW and compared them all side by side and the results were rather shocking for the few that were actually better than the overpriced name brand Chinese made counterparts. I will admit that most of the generic brands of Chinese stuff I so far tried out for myself were total crap that belonged in the trash can which I returned for refund but some are actually truly amazing. I must have "shuffled" bought returned for refund at least close to $100k worth of optics within just the past couple of years just testing out and comparing optics and lately Binoculars. I didn't keep all of them obviously. Just the ones that were actually worth their prices.
If you believe anything this new Hotmail guy has to say about optics, then you will get what you deserve.

Elmer J. Fudd

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t think that anything being said here is crazy. I took a 30 dollar gamble and was pleasantly surprised. Maybe I got random good pair of scoopx and a bad set of vipers. I’ve always read that cheaper optics are very prone to differences from unit to unit do to lack of QC.

Hotmail

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t think that anything being said here is crazy. I took a 30 dollar gamble and was pleasantly surprised. Maybe I got random good pair of scoopx and a bad set of vipers. I’ve always read that cheaper optics are very prone to differences from unit to unit do to lack of QC.
I really don't think you got just a random good set of ScoopX UHD because all 5 of mine are equally fantastic and everyone I spoken with had confirmed theirs were great. I honestly think you got yourself an exceptional pair of Vortex Viper HDs because the ScoopX UHDs should be noticeably clearer compared to the Viper HDs in regards to sheer image quality. Athlon Midas UHD Gen 2 clarity is in between Vortex Viper HD and Razor HD and the ScoopX UHD is clearer than the Midas UHD Gen 2. It's also clearer than my Athlon Cronus UHD Gen 2 but I bought another TWO more just recently just to check sample variance if in fact the first one is defective and currently awaiting delivery for them. I still have the first one.

This is what I do as a hobby of mine. OCD kicks in whenever there's ones that's questionable whether being either good or bad that's how I ended up buying 5 ScoopX UHDs and all were equally great and kept 4 since a buddy wanted to buy one after looking through one of mine. Sold one to him for what I paid and now he wants to buy another now as a spare after I mentioned I think once these much cheaper ones are all sold out Amazon sells them too for $249.

I OWN THE C3 10X50 MAVEN.For the money they compare really well to original Vortex Razors that I have owned.I am going on my third season with them and if a person didn't know what they cost you would think they are in the 800-1000 dollar range.FOV is a little tight but i have not had an issue and really like them for the cost.