Maven RS1.2 2.5-15x44 new model

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but for those that have used this one or other Maven scopes, how does the glass compare to other scopes in similar price ranges? I understand it isn't a NF but is it as good or better than the Triji tenmile, vortex razors, NF SHV, etc.?

That's super-useful - thanks.

Interesting to see just how fine the main crosshairs look at at 2.5x. We've been spoiled by the Mil-Quad.

But good to get a sense of how thicker they appear at 6x. Will be interesting to see how useable the subtensions are in practice at 10x, for those of us who aren't planning on using it at 15x ...
I have pretty good eyesight (20/15 last time I checked) and am in my 30’s so take this with a grain of salt…

I’d say the subtensions are useable with a small amount of concentration/focus for me at 6x, similar to reading fine print such as a size 8 font. From 8-15x I have no issue seeing them at all, it’s as easy as reading size 12+ text on paper and takes no extra effort.

As for how fine the reticle is, that’s the beauty of the illumination, you basically get a red-dot for low light or heavy timber so how thin the reticle is at low power becomes far less important compared to the unilluminated Mil-quad.

Couldn’t sleep so decided to play with the scope a bit more. Here are some thoughts compared to my SWFA 3-15.
- Very pleased with the elevation turret, clicks are very well defined and turret feels robust.
- Love that the windage is capped.
- This is my first illuminated reticle and I love it. As others mentioned only the center dot is illuminated. There are 10 illumination settings and I really like that the illumination controls are 1-10 with an off position between each intensity level so you can easily switch illumination on or off at your desired setting.
- I really like the reticle, it reminds me of a simplified THLR. On 2.5x it’s just a duplex, or with level 10 illumination a nice Red-Dot. On 6x it’s equally usable to the SWFA MQ on the fixed 6 but I like this better thanks to labeled hash marks. I often have to count diamonds or hash marks when holding wind on the SWFA, which wastes time. No need to count on this reticle. On 10-15x it is very easy to see all sun tensions.
- The scope feels sleek and well made. I really hope it passes the drop test. If it does, I think it will be the new mid to long range hunting scope to beat in the $1000 range.

For those interested, here are some crappy iPhone photos of the reticle at various powers. The vertical numbers are each single digits, the repeated 22 and 44 are just typos on the reticle PDF. I wish I’d had this available from Maven prior to purchasing as the reticle was a big question mark for me when I ordered it…

Photo order:
- 2.5x without and with level 10 illumination
- 6x without and with level 5 illumination
- 10x without and with level 2 illumination
- 15x without and with level 1 illumination
Thanks for the info! Can't wait till you test it's tracking and zero hold capabilities..
I've been drooling over this scope and if it holds well, will likely be my first higher end scope!

The real question that’s just as important as anything asked in this thread. IF it passes the drop evals does a guy order the black or black/gray? Which one will match the rokslide special better?? Decisions decisions… I have to laugh when I see “options” like that for something like a rifle scope. 🤷‍♂️
I too recall a conversation with a maven worker at an nrl shoot and while they did mention rokslide I had my reservations. It did look like a nice scope that had almost all the features one would want and not many one wouldn’t. Time will tell
Juan, that's easy: lots of people will go with black/gray because it's different and err ... camo-ish? ... and then everyone will revert to straight black after a while so they're not the same as everyone else.

The real question that’s just as important as anything asked in this thread. IF it passes the drop evals does a guy order the black or black/gray? Which one will match the rokslide special better?? Decisions decisions… I have to laugh when I see “options” like that for something like a rifle scope. 🤷‍♂️
I too recall a conversation with a maven worker at an nrl shoot and while they did mention rokslide I had my reservations. It did look like a nice scope that had almost all the features one would want and not many one wouldn’t. Time will tell

Why not Rokslide green and black?

Well showed up today and I’ve gotta say I hope this thing passes muster. The reticle is great useable across the entire mag range but especially 5-9x which is where I typically end up. On 5x you could still hunt timber and have no issues using the posts in broken or shady terrain, 2.5-4 I’d just throw the illumination on and you have a “fire dot” duplex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well showed up today and I’ve gotta say I hope this thing passes muster. The reticle is great useable across the entire mag range but especially 5-9x which is where I typically end up. On 5x you could still hunt timber and have no issues using the posts in broken or shady terrain, 2.5-4 I’d just throw the illumination on and you have a “fire dot” duplex

Throw it on the ground. We need to know.

My rs1.2 arrived today, will be mounting it up this weekend. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and I can get to the range next week. Initial impression is that it's pretty dope piece of kit. For $1200 I'll drop it off anything you want.

Photo order:
- 2.5x without and with level 10 illumination
- 6x without and with level 5 illumination
- 10x without and with level 2 illumination
- 15x without and with level 1 illumination
Hey man, thanks for the reticle pictures!

I have to say though, it looks pretty skimpy on 2.5x. Maybe expectations were a bit too high on my part with all the excitement here.

Thoughts on 2.5x in dark timber sans lit center?

Thanks

Hey man, thanks for the reticle pictures!

I have to say though, it looks pretty skimpy on 2.5x. Maybe expectations were a bit too high on my part with all the excitement here.

Thoughts on 2.5x in dark timber sans lit center?

Thanks

Standard duplex at 2.5

Standard duplex at 2.5

Agree with this, reminds me of prior 3-9 duplex scopes I’ve had from leupold, Bushnell, Simmons and Zeiss.

Additionally, if you just turn on the center dot illumination then you get a red dot for close/dark timber hunting.

Standard duplex at 2.5
Agree with this, reminds me of prior 3-9 duplex scopes I’ve had from leupold, Bushnell, Simmons and Zeiss.

Additionally, if you just turn on the center dot illumination then you get a red dot for close/dark timber hunting.

Thanks. By "standard" you mean the design, right?

I am wondering about function in dark timber without lit center.

It's obviously hard to tell by pictures so that is why I am asking. And I appreciate you guys sharing but that reticle appears pretty thin on 2.5x.

Maybe a better question would be, can you use it in dark timber without illumination?

It seems that what you guys have posted thus far, the answer is no?

Maybe a better question would be, can you use it in dark timber without illumination?

It seems that what you guys have posted thus far, the answer is no?
I’ll try to take some pictures against timber type backgrounds and darker targets when I get out to shoot it next week. If you’re familiar with SWFA and the mil quad reticle on 3x I’d say this is very similar.

Thanks. By "standard" you mean the design, right?

I am wondering about function in dark timber without lit center.

It's obviously hard to tell by pictures so that is why I am asking. And I appreciate you guys sharing but that reticle appears pretty thin on 2.5x.

I mean it would function like any “plain” duplex reticle like a leupold vari x 3-9. I have good not great vision and I’d have no issue shooting in dark timber
I tru and remember to snap some comparison pics on Sunday

Back