Maven RS1.2 2.5-15x44 new model

I like that. Still, I'm looking forward to the current model and glad they made the effort to produce it.
I agree. I don't want my comment to sound like I'm throwing shade on this new scope. I can't wait to try it and I'm really happy Maven listened to Ryan and Form.

2y2c

FNG
I don’t know what percentage of page views results in scope purchases, but I do know that I would have never gotten this scope if it weren’t for this thread. I would hardly have known about it. I’ve been checking this thread at break time, lunch time, and right after work since it started.

Thank you to everyone for critiquing the reticle, nitpicking the details, and testing its tracking and zero retention. I appreciate it!

twall13

WKR
I haven't ordered the scope yet, but when I get ready for my next rifle this scope is going on it because of this thread.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Agreed with above, l'm gonna get one for these before bear season bc of this thread.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Tex_bbq

FNG
Does anyone know if the same things were updated in the 3.2 version?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ajsomp

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
So as I take it- this is the leading contender for a rid range FFP optic with a useable low end reticle? Pending long term user feedback.

I mean I saw the results/review of the tenmile and that seems like a great option. I’ve got a LRHS and LRTS currently - but I wonder if this is worth jumping to. The weight is comparable so I’m trying to see what advantages there are (if any) or if I just stick with what works.

So as I take it- this is the leading contender for a rid range FFP optic with a useable low end reticle? Pending long term user feedback.

I mean I saw the results/review of the tenmile and that seems like a great option. I’ve got a LRHS and LRTS currently - but I wonder if this is worth jumping to. The weight is comparable so I’m trying to see what advantages there are (if any) or if I just stick with what works.
I’ve got the maven and a handful of LRHS. They are very very similar in function/weight/glass. I’m switching over because I prefer the maven reticle..but it’s not a landslide. The bushys are still an awesome choice, I do not hate the donut like some. Just trying something different for now.

RWT

Lil-Rokslider
Shows sold out. Gift card ordered. I’ll deal with it after Xmas.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Day one chasing desert cousies, guiding a buddies nephew. The Tikka .260 and Maven are along for the journey as a backup rifle. The kid is using a Savage .30-06 rifle and Vortex scope, so the probability of me handing him my rifle is high depending on shot distance. Trying to get him in close.

We are out in the Jeep running the rough roads. Also hiking up some pretty steep and nasty terrain with the rifle.

No major dings to the rifle or scope yet. Just a lot of general field use in its short life so far. Minor bumps along rocks and cactus, climbing the steep faces to glassing spots… Nothing too crazy.

Having a lot of fun getting sight pictures on deer and these guys… These guys were at 300 yards and 6X was perfect for me at that range. I cold clearly see 6 sheep in my FOV while moving between them getting sight pictures from different positions.

IMG_2610.jpeg

IMG_2612.jpeg

Falling in love with the reticle and how smooth the zoom dialing in and out is. Still haven’t touched the parallax off of the 200 setting… I got sight pictures on cousies at 1,300 yards, on 15X, and left parallax at 200. Zero issues. Eye box isn’t finicky at all and neither is parallax.

We have 3 more days to try and get him onto a dandy buck. Hopefully the Maven doesn’t have to make an appearance and make a kill haha.

Last edited:

Dobermann

WKR
The weight is comparable so I’m trying to see what advantages there are (if any) or if I just stick with what works.
A few detailed posts earlier in this thread about why the SHR-MIL reticle is a better option for field shooting - worth taking the time to read through them all.

Ajsomp

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
A few detailed posts earlier in this thread about why the SHR-MIL reticle is a better option for field shooting - worth taking the time to read through them all.
I read them. I’m just comparing other “known” quantities. I got the combo coming but I now need a rifle to put it on.. good problems to have I suppose

Aviator

WKR
Day one chasing desert mulies, guiding a buddies nephew. The Tikka .260 and Maven are along for the journey as a backup rifle. The kid is using a Savage .30-06 rifle and Vortex scope, so the probability of me handing him my rifle is high depending on shot distance. Trying to get him in close.

We are out in the Jeep running the rough roads. Also hiking up some pretty steep and nasty terrain with the rifle.

No major dings to the rifle or scope yet. Just a lot of general field use in its short life so far. Minor bumps along rocks and cactus, climbing the steep faces to glassing spots… Nothing too crazy.

Having a lot of fun getting sight pictures on deer and these guys… These guys were at 300 yards and 6X was perfect for me at that range. I cold clearly see 6 sheep in my FOV while moving between them getting sight pictures from different positions.

View attachment 645586

View attachment 645585

Falling in love with the reticle and how smooth the zoom dialing in and out is. Still haven’t touched the parallax off of the 200 setting… I got sight pictures on mulies at 1,300 yards, on 15X, and left parallax at 200. Zero issues. Eye box isn’t finicky at all and neither is parallax.

We have 3 more days to try and get him onto a dandy buck. Hopefully the Maven doesn’t have to make an appearance and make a kill haha.
What’s the total scope mounting distance on that scope?

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
What’s the total scope mounting distance on that scope?
Are you asking what the spacing is between the ocular lense and the turret base? And then what the space is between the turret base and objective lense? Meaning, how much total space is there on each side of the 30mm tube?

Aviator

WKR
Are you asking what the spacing is between the ocular lense and the turret base? And then what the space is between the turret base and objective lense? Meaning, how much total space is there on each side of the 30mm tube?
The entire length of the tube including the turret.