MeatEater Shooting for $100M in Revenues

intunegp

WKR
I guess I was meaning all his stuff, and if the dude went broke and couldn't donate anything he wouldn't.

And my larger point: that the consumer, the common man, does indeed have some power whether he recognizes it or not. I'm glad I'm not so fatalistic to think otherwise.

I'm not fatalistic enough to think the common man has no power, just realistic enough to see the limits of it. It's a big world and the unity required to truly effect big business is all but gone. A recent example is the "big" Bud Light boycott...some influencers or online media would have you think they're on the verge of bankruptcy but realistically it's just a dip in sales for a few months and they're doing just fine.

Obviously if Chernin went broke his donations would end, but you don't see many influential businessmen with his net worth going broke, especially at 71 years of age. It's not like he waves some magic wand and makes it so either...he support Hillary in 2016 and based upon the election cycles I looked at almost everyone he donates to has far more money coming from other sources than Chernin. He's just a fish in the ocean when it comes to money flying around to influence politics.

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
I live in NYC.

Meateater got me interested in western hunting.

Rokslide taught me how.

I am your out of state competitor in those mountains….one of your own (quite easy to ascend to) WKR

we all start somewhere mate….haven’t met a Native American hunter on this forum yet.

Did someone at Meateater or Rokslide teach you that you’re a “competitor” against other hunters? Genuine question…

Hunting is a lifestyle, not really a competitive sport. Unless you’re into watching shows like huntwarz or whatever you call it.

There are plenty of hunters with native blood but we don’t all run scream about it from the roof top like a vegan at your company Christmas party.

A recent example is the "big" Bud Light boycott...some influencers or online media would have you think they're on the verge of bankruptcy but realistically it's just a dip in sales for a few months and they're doing just fine.

That's not the case at all. They will lose / have lost a lot of money over this. They, and others, will sure as shit try not to follow suit.

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
That's not the case at all. They will lose / have lost a lot of money over this. They, and others, will sure as shit try not to follow suit.

Plus weren’t two executives placed on leave? Public outrage has an affect, denying that is crazy. Soooo many people get fired for sh*t they say on camera that gets major backlash.

Corporate America cant stand a 1 cent quarterly loss, let alone $5 billion value in market cap like bud light did.

intunegp

WKR

Plus weren’t two executives placed on leave? Public outrage has an affect, denying that is crazy. Soooo many people get fired for sh*t they say on camera that gets major backlash.

Corporate America cant stand a 1 cent quarterly loss, let alone $5 billion value in market cap like bud light did.

I'm not denying that they lost money or will try to avoid doing it again, I'm just saying it's a drop in the bucket to them. 5 billion dollars is a huge amount of money and plenty of companies would be completely screwed with such a drop in stock value...Anheuser-Busch on the other hand went from $115 billion to $110 billion in market cap.

So there's the power of the consumer...A-B learned a lesson about what their consumers do and don't like, and it cost them roughly 4% of their market value and they maybe fired a couple people. I stand by my statement, they're doing just fine.

Anheuser-Busch made almost 3 million dollars in political donations (to both sides, though mostly republican) for the 2022 election cycle and spent over 5 million lobbying in both 2021 and 2022. Does anyone think that will change now that they're only worth 110 billion instead of 115?