More rude and aggressive members

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Ya, something has definitely changed in the world. Nobody has a sense of humor anymore, nobody has thick skin, logic is a thing of the past, and everybody everywhere is offended about everything and everyone. I wish we could do this forum in person, but I view every thread and every post as a conversation format, so it might as well be in person. The conversation shouldn't change just because we're on the internet. (y)

I used to be an internet asshole but truthfully the folks I’ve interacted with on here in the past and helping a Washington guy out with his Idaho bull tag on the hunt-wa forum makes me happy that I’m changing. The nicer you are to strangers and the more connections made goes a long ways when you want to hunt different places.

...nobody has thick skin, logic is a thing of the past, and everybody everywhere is offended about everything and everyone.

Or, people forever have been forced to "keep their mouth shut" up until now when they can vent those frustrations when someone mouths off when they shouldn't?

Just a thought...

EastMT

WKR
The problem is everyone forgot what it’s like to get poked in the chops on Friday night at the bar. Now there’s no repercussions but further insults. In the real world insults lead to a swelled up kissa, on the inter web it leads to furious typing so nobody’s afraid to run their food flap.

hflier

WKR
Yes, I think they think this is like every other forum. For the many years I have been here, assholes have been tossed, but it is harder when you have so many members.

Clarktar

WKR
Is this where we sign the petition to reinstate little buf? Long live the buf!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
The problem is everyone forgot what it’s like to get poked in the chops on Friday night at the bar. Now there’s no repercussions but further insults. In the real world insults lead to a swelled up kissa, on the inter web it leads to furious typing so nobody’s afraid to run their food flap.

…In the real world insults lead to a swelled up kissa, on the inter web it leads to furious typing so nobody’s afraid to run their food flap.

“Furious typing“.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member

…In the real world insults lead to a swelled up kissa, on the inter web it leads to furious typing so nobody’s afraid to run their food flap.

“Furious typing“.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eyeman

FNG
Newbie Here at the site.
I agree. I am only a member on one other site and not impressed sometimes.
I have looked at this site off and on can say I like the mostly positive stuff.

Warmsy

WKR
This place and archery talk are the only forums I frequent, and I never post there because it is a lions den. This place is great thanks for what you guys do! I've learned so much.

Everyone is stressed. It's nice to come here and read about dall sheep, moose, and antelope hunts that I'll probably never do. And read all the information folks are willing to pass on. It's nice to fantasize

EastMT

WKR
This place and archery talk are the only forums I frequent, and I never post there because it is a lions den. This place is great thanks for what you guys do! I've learned so much.

Everyone is stressed. It's nice to come here and read about dall sheep, moose, and antelope hunts that I'll probably never do. And read all the information folks are willing to pass on. It's nice to fantasize
24hr is horrible, I don’t even engage there. Classifieds only and they are bad enough

A big problem with online chats is sarcasm usually does not convey well. I got banned for a week, a month ago for making a comment that I would make to anyone in person. It was a joke that I did not think was all that bad. The Mod didn't like it and banned me for a week. I guess I should have put an emoji in it. haha.

At the end of the day, I understand his decision because they can run their site EXACTLY the way they want to run it. It is up to the members to conform or move on. I just think sarcasm or small jabs are ill received 99% of the time. I also think the world is a little softer than it was years ago and people are easily offended now. Working with a bunch of guys fixing powerlines has taught me that anyone can say anything and YOU choose how you want to receive it.