Most comfortable sleeping pad

sivart

WKR
Been using the thermo xlite for several years. I'll still use it when going backcountry.

Looking for a wider, more comfortable mattress for near the truck, or front country.

d3r1k

FNG
I like the Nemo tensor insulated (long-wide) for just about everything. I’m 6’3” 240 and sleep great on it. Stomach and side sleeper.

aaronoto

Lil-Rokslider
Former Xlite user that switched to an Etherlight XT and it's a lot more comfortable for me. I'm a side and stomach sleeper and 6'3 230lbs.

bober90

FNG
Nemo Tensor insulated is great. I also figured out after several uses that filling about 80% makes it much more comfortable as it lets me “sink in” instead of it being firm and I roll off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roosterdown

Lil-Rokslider
I have two XLites, an UberLite, an XTherm (all 25" wide)....just got a BA Rapide (also 25") for xmas, and gotta say it is so much more comfortable that I - an avowed ultraligher - am going to carry the extra ounces for the good night's sleep.

OP
S

sivart

WKR
Do you find the rectangle pads a lot more comfortable than the mummy shaped pads, given they are both the same width?

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Liking my new xtherm gen 2 but I wish I’d gotten the squared one rather than the mummy shaped one.

I knew the mummy one wasn’t going to be as nice but there was a good sale on it so it was like 100 dollars off.

h2so4

WKR
I’ve got the Nemo tensor insulated and put an old school closed cell thermorest underneath it. If I don’t feel like taking the entire thermorest, I just take the 4 panels I cut off to make a sitting mat and put it underneath my shoulders.

douglasfir

Lil-Rokslider
Sea to summit camp plus or comfort plus self inflating models are great. Heavy to carry.

Northpark

WKR
I really like my exped downmat. It’s like 4 inches thick when inflated and only weighs like 19oz.

Brado16

WKR
I have been using an Exped Downmat Winterlite the last 7-8 years and it had been the most comfortable for me as a back and side sleeper. This year I purchased the updated Xtherm in the long rectangular shape and I was pleasantly surprised that it was more comfortable and warmer than the Exped I had been using. Give the new Thermarest XTherm a look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whitty

FNG
I also have the Klymit Static V Luxe for truck camping as I'm cheap...pretty darn comfy once I learned to not fill it up completely tight with air. Like the above poster, about 75-80% is great. Downside is it takes 30+ breaths...

Leverwalker

Lil-Rokslider
Have to say I'm enjoying my Exped Dura 8R (I use the LW at 25.6" x 77.6"). I use an Exped Flexmat under it.