Best bottom metal for HCA mags?

mpwolf

FNG
I'm building up a .300 WSM on a T3. I just got a HCA mag, and it doesn't want to drop out of either factory bottom metals that I have. It's a pretty tight fit, to the point that it's a royal pain to pull it out. I'm sure I can fix this by lightly sanding the insde edges of the BM, but I've been toying with the idea of using one of the aftermarket offerings. I would prefer to go with the best functioning option, if there is such a thing. Anyone care to comment?

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I got an original HCA mag on my 300wsm and it works just fine. Out of curiosity have you tried removing your bottom metal and seeing if the mag slides into that freely when its not on a stock? Wondering if your stock is flexing the bottom metal causing it to bind? Or if it is hanging up on the bottom metal is it a corner or something that a very light sanding would address? I didn't have to do anything with mine, it just fit as is.

OP
M

mpwolf

FNG
I have to take a closer look, but I think you may be right about the stock pinching the bottom metal just a bit.