Mounting LCA Press

wayoh22

WKR
Has anyone mounted an LCA Press onto a mobile tool cabinet? I picked up one of these to mount my press on and it also came with the hardwood top. I know I'd need to drill 4 pilot holes through the wood and top of the cabinet. Are the 4 lag bolts sufficient or is there a better option? Any pictures of current setups would be appreciated.

Thanks

DooleyVT

Lil-Rokslider
I did something similar with my EZ Green but through bolted mine only because it had a thin top. I’m sure the lags would be plenty strong enough. There’s really nothing you would do that would apply much force to them. I used wing nuts on my bolts so I could remove it easily if necessary.

That seems to be a popular way to mount them.

I have a Bow Time that is mounted to a heavy ancient door threshold. It's a stable base that works lots of places. Let's me put it in the back of the vehicle and take it to where I'm shooting for tuning.

I mounted my LCA press to a work table using 1/4" connector bolts that thread into tee nuts secured to the underside of the fiberboard tabletop. Machine screws or hex bolts would have worked equally well, I just happened to have a few connector bolts left over from another project. I like the permanently mounted tee nuts because I can't lose them and only need one wrench to remove the bolts. You could do something similar if you can access the underside of your work surface. Lag bolts would also work fine as long as you drill fairly large pilot holes to avoid cracking the wood.
20220531_213711.jpg

Evol

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone mounted an LCA Press onto a mobile tool cabinet? I picked up one of these to mount my press on and it also came with the hardwood top. I know I'd need to drill 4 pilot holes through the wood and top of the cabinet. Are the 4 lag bolts sufficient or is there a better option? Any pictures of current setups would be appreciated.

Thanks
I'm doing something similar.

Yooper

WKR
I have the LCA EZGreen and the Husky mobile work bench. The wood top just sits on that bench so I took some 2" ss bolts and lock nuts and fastened through the top and into the top drawer. Pretty straight forward. Good little mobile setup for home use. Highly recommend.

A rolling tool cabinet with some pvc tubes on the end works good for me. A little high for my bow vise (not yet installed), but I figure it'll be ok.

I placed a piece of plywood on top then another under the top, on the inside. I then through bolted it down. The tool cabinet keeps everything together and has a little work space on the back

Attachments

• 20210716_144401.jpg
    20210716_144401.jpg
    847.5 KB · Views: 20
  • sLW4vt3t-671379107.jpeg
    sLW4vt3t-671379107.jpeg
    944.2 KB · Views: 20