Moving to Greenville, SC area.

Fatcamp

WKR
Life changing experience.

ETA: I can't even put into words how impactful a visit to this museum was for me. I went with a group of tilesetters, and they bitched about going, but were left speechless.

I've visited a lot of museums, but never have I felt the force of humanity like that place. It is surreal.

Last edited:
We have an old aunt and uncle that live in Marietta SC not far from there. They’ve been there maybe 60 years? We were just there last week. Pretty nice area. Travelers Rest is also nice maybe a little hipper and $$$ these days. Lots of the small southern mountain towns are exploding with the ongoing blue state exodus. Good luck!

Swamp Fox

WKR
I don't doubt that for a second. Hartsville SC was my home for 18 years and I only left for a better work situation. When searching for a place to retire I wanted to be closer to the mtns.
I go through Hartsville regularly.

The Bojangles there routinely seems surprised that anyone wants any kind of chicken, at any time of day.

Great place to spend half an hour waiting for food, otherwise ...

Last edited:

Swamp Fox

WKR
Life changing experience.

ETA: I can't even put into words how impactful a visit to this museum was for me. I went with a group of tilesetters, and they bitched about going, but were left speechless.

I've visited a lot of museums, but never have I felt the force of humanity like that place. It is surreal.
BJU is something of a knucklehead resort, but I support a good art museum ....

OP
cruizer

cruizer

Lil-Rokslider
We have an old aunt and uncle that live in Marietta SC not far from there. They’ve been there maybe 60 years? We were just there last week. Pretty nice area. Travelers Rest is also nice maybe a little hipper and $$$ these days. Lots of the small southern mountain towns are exploding with the ongoing blue state exodus. Good luck!
Menhaden, you are correct about Travelers Rest, homes are more expensive, and not on the market long if they are in good shape. Would love to be in TR, but not a lot of homes on the market there right now.
Making a trip up on Jan 13th and meeting with our realtor to look at properties, and hopefully make an offer on a place.
Thanks for the replies.