Need Suppressor Recommendation

mt100gr.

WKR
I recently did the analysis paralysis and decided that I want maximum suppression on everything WITH the option to go lighter weight on certain rifles. AB RAPTOR line is definitely work delving into.

In your case, look at an 8 or 10 stack with a 3 or even 5 inch reflex for the 300. Then flush mount use for the .308.

Just a suggestion.

bpurtz

WKR
I called SilencerCo and asked about the SyctheTi for my AR-15. They said it will work, but not really recommended if stringing more than 12-15 shots a minute. The heat generated with that kind of use can break down the titanium. I asked about the Omega 300 and they said that would be a good choice for an AR.

jhm2023

WKR
In my opinion, you should get two different cans. A lightweight direct thread can with very good suppression for the bolt gun (AB Raptor or similar), and a less weight conscious more durable qd can designed for longer strings of fire with the AR. I like the Rugged Radiant for AR hunting as it is more durable but still not ridiculously heavy. I don't have experience with every can on the market, this is just my opinion based on owning two AB Raptors and two different Rugged 30cal rifle cans and a good mix of ultralight hunting and AR hunting.

I have a Few Q cans. They are the only ones I have experience with, but I have been very happy with them. I have a Half Nelson direct thread, a Thunder Chicken QD mount, and a Honey Badger direct thread.

wesfromky

WKR
All things being equal, gas guns are going to be noticeably louder than a bolt, esp at the shooters ear. They also may require tuning and/or put a more gas in your face, esp with higher volume cans because of the back pressure.

7" and up Ti cans seem to be where you want to be for bolt hunting rifles. Ti will wear out faster with higher firing schedules, so it might make sense to pick up two, Ti for the bolt, and more duty rated for the ar. And, add in a rimfire can as well.

OCL, DD, Thunderbeast, DeadAir all are comparable, though trying to find anything in stock right now might be tough.

Hmmm I’d probably look at different metrics on pewscience to try to find what would work for you.

I’ll say I have found finding a can that both supresses really well on a bolt gun and has low back pressure on a gas gun to be extremely hard. My new enticer l ti is very quiet, very light, but very high backpressure.

You’re going to have to walk that line somewhere. I’ll say the new cat suppressors are having some very impressed metrics balancing sound metrics with backpressure and they will be dropping the JL in the next month they say and it should be optimized more for win mag than the odb

From everything I’ve seen on here the scythe ti is a very good middle ground that’s light as hell, and I can say my omega is a very good crossover can that’s both decently quiet and decent back pressure wise. The scythe is wider and newer so I’d guess even quieter

Bluefish

WKR
Imho Mag dumps in an AR is a different can than hunting with a magnum rifle. Magnum rifle you want light As it’s being carried a lot, so a Ti can for sure. Lots of good cans for this application. I personally would go for a can less than 10 oz.
Problem with that can on an AR is Ti isn’t a great material for a blast baffle. Also gas guns won’t be hearing safe due to port noise. A quieter can may even make more noise at the shooters ear. inconel would be my baffle of choice on a short AR. It’s heavy but hold up well under heat. my next can will be an AR can, have not decided on one yet. Considering a AB A-10 as the cost is cheap and stainless for more durability.

Runolfson

FNG
Thunderbeast Ultra 5 & 7
With the CB mount I spin on and off any of my rifles quickly and accurately. On my .300WM with a 20" barrel I can switch between the the 5 and 7 with no POI shift.

OP
jmillr1

jmillr1

WKR
Just wanted to say thanks for everyones input. I've read everything and feel like i can make much more informed decision. Much appreciated

B23

WKR
TBAC makes great stuff and if you're in the market for a 1.5 diameter can I don't think you'll find anything better then the Gen2 Ultra 9 or 7 they are very impressive for a can that's only 1.5 diameter.

TBAC has numerous new versions of their Magnus suppressor that is worth looking at.

Dead Air has their Nomad LTi that has always been a very impressive can for its length and now DA has a new lineup of their Nomad cans that are supposed to be lighter, stronger, and maybe even with slightly more sound suppression. Their new Nomad LTi XC for its size and weight could be a pretty sweet can and if it turns out to be a little lighter and quieter then their older version that very well may be my next can, only time will tell.

Seems a lot of cans are the bigger 1.75 - 1.8 diameter size and it may not sound like a lot but for anyone that isn't overly familiar with the different suppressors I highly recommend going and looking at a few different cans in person because a lot of folks get turned off by the larger diameter cans so it's best to look at them in person before you buy/order one or you could be in for a real shock when you get it.