Suppressor tips?

josiahv

FNG
This every time. .22lr suppressors are the best fun factor in suppressor land that exists. And if it gets you to shoot more it's a win win.

From personal use I can recommend either the TBAC 7 or Diligent Defense Enticer S-Ti. These are the two I run most often on my hunting rifles. I believe most TBACs are either CB mount or Hub. (I believe direct thread is by special order only now.) So understand how you are going to mount it and use it. I have over 20 cans and some are not supported any more which is really a PITA at times. Also as other have said, if it's your first and you get a TBAC, go with the 7. The 5 is quite a bit louder and the 9 is unruly when carrying.
Late reply, but how do the DD S-TI and TBAC Ultra 7 compare in terms of recoil reduction?

Kerbs

FNG
Late reply, but how do the DD S-TI and TBAC Ultra 7 compare in terms of recoil reduction?
Honestly I haven't noticed a difference between the two in terms of recoil. If there is any difference, I would say it's minimal and wouldn't be a factor between the two if picking one. Being the TBAC is a CB mount and the DD is a direct thread, they mostly live on specific rifles in my case. (6.5PRC for DD and 30-06 for TBAC.) The TBAC's are TBAC's. Great can, solid reputation and history. The DD is another great option. It's a little wider than the TBAC 7, about the same length. I like the TBAC 7 form better. The DD does have interchangeable end caps and mounting options which is where it really differentiates from the TBAC.

josiahv

FNG
Honestly I haven't noticed a difference between the two in terms of recoil. If there is any difference, I would say it's minimal and wouldn't be a factor between the two if picking one. Being the TBAC is a CB mount and the DD is a direct thread, they mostly live on specific rifles in my case. (6.5PRC for DD and 30-06 for TBAC.) The TBAC's are TBAC's. Great can, solid reputation and history. The DD is another great option. It's a little wider than the TBAC 7, about the same length. I like the TBAC 7 form better. The DD does have interchangeable end caps and mounting options which is where it really differentiates from the TBAC.
Awesome. This is helpful. Thanks for the detailed reply. DD S-TI, TBAC, and Nomad Ti were on my short list for my 300 win mag build. Recoil reduction is probably neck and neck with sound reduction on my decision tree.

jamesmc8

Lil-Rokslider
I just tested out the silencerco scythe TI against some other great cans i have, id highly recommend considering it
I am between this and the Raptor 8. The Raptor seems a bit more adaptable as you can use it with and without the reflex but the SilencerCo Scythe is very slightly smaller and lighter. The Db reduction published by SilencerCo indicates .308 win 132 at the muzzle with Scythe which is impressive. Watching the AB videos it shows the Raptor 8 flush mount coming in about 137 at the muzzle. Having used both which route would you go?

I bought my first two in march from Scheels. They made it stupid easy.

I looked at cans for years. Id definitely worry less about db reduction ratings and worry more on weight and size.
Ended up getting a Harvester Evo and an Ultra 7. And honestly I can't tell the difference in price but I haven't really tested the Evo for accuracy on my precision rig. As far as sound on the same gun they're identical.

CentennialState

Lil-Rokslider
I just went through this. It can be an obsession if you have a bunch of different weapons and platforms. I wholeheartedly recommend getting at least 1 .22 can with your first purchase. They're cheap and a blast to play with. With my kids, it's a must at this point.

Your best bet is a good 30cal can for your 7mm. I went with a AB Raptor 10 in 7.62 with a 3" reflex and an AB Little Bird (.22). About 100 days into that wait, modern warriors had a sale and I picked up a CGS Hydra (.22), and a YHM R9.

My last two cans got approved first at 112 days and my ABs got approved at 256 days roughly 2 weeks later. Both were approved in pairs. The only given is that if you're even thinking about it, there's no better time to get your paperwork in than yesterday.

I bought all of mine through online vendors who transfered them to a local FFL who has a silencer shop kisok in his store. I did all of my paperwork through silencer shop online and did the finger prints at the kiosk. I did a single shot trust on all of them. I'd recommend that 100%.

If you're hunting with it, a titanium can that's as short as possible with the level of sound suppression you want. After all of my research, the AB Raptor seemed to be the best for my needs. There are tons of YouTube videos and reviews all over the internet.

Otter Creek Labs, Dilligent Defense, TBAC, CGS, and AB all likely have cans that will suit you but you need to dive in to see what you're really wanting.

My Raptor is by far my quietest can but my YHM R9 might be my favorite because it's so versatile. I can swap it from my 300blk, to my .308, to my 30-30, and then to my 9mm pistol. It's perfect for the range and just messing around and has very respectable decibel reduction on all. My 30-30 with my subsonic loads is ridiculous.

Skip the QD BS right now and just focus on direct thread. If you research like me, that will save you at least a week or two of pounding your head against the wall. With that said, I find it important to have a can that has the universal HUB thread pitch so it doesn't lock you down to a specific type of mount in the future.

There, that's about all I've learned in the past year on the subject. I have 4 now, covering almost all of my bases buy I imagine I'll be putting in some paperwork for a 5th shortly. I want to try a Dilligent Defense or OCL can.
Have you been happy with your Little Bird? Is it quiet? Easy to clean?

CentennialState

Lil-Rokslider
The little bird is pretty easy to clean. Its not the quietest 22 can i have tho, its long but skinny. Dead air mask and CGS hydra sound better IMO
Excellent, thanks. Seems like there’s tons of good threads on 7.62 cans in here but I haven’t seen any in depth threads on rimfire cans. Appreciate it

SloppyJ

WKR
Excellent, thanks. Seems like there’s tons of good threads on 7.62 cans in here but I haven’t seen any in depth threads on rimfire cans. Appreciate it
I have a Hydra and a Little Bird. The little bird has a decent first round pop but was super quiet on my TX22 Comp after that. I haven't shot them back to back but I think it's hard to beat the Hydra. I don't think I'd ever purchase the Little Bird if it wasn't given to me for "free". To be honest though, this weekend was my first time to shoot the Little Bird so I don't have too many rounds on it.

The Raptor is absolutely amazing on the other hand for any bolt rifle I've put it on. It creates a ton of backpressure for gas guns though. Repeatability when direct threading it has not been an issue at all.

CentennialState

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Hydra and a Little Bird. The little bird has a decent first round pop but was super quiet on my TX22 Comp after that. I haven't shot them back to back but I think it's hard to beat the Hydra. I don't think I'd ever purchase the Little Bird if it wasn't given to me for "free". To be honest though, this weekend was my first time to shoot the Little Bird so I don't have too many rounds on it.

The Raptor is absolutely amazing on the other hand for any bolt rifle I've put it on. It creates a ton of backpressure for gas guns though. Repeatability when direct threading it has not been an issue at all.
I saw AB was running a BOGO special which is partially why I’m interested. I already have their 8 stack (agree, love it) and was leaning more towards a S-Ti or Scythe for my next 30
cal can, but if the Little Bird was fantastic I’d contemplate getting another Raptor

I saw AB was running a BOGO special which is partially why I’m interested. I already have their 8 stack (agree, love it) and was leaning more towards a S-Ti or Scythe for my next 30
cal can, but if the Little Bird was fantastic I’d contemplate getting another Raptor
Honestly, I'd say its not fantastic. Not as good as their other cans IMO