Suppressor tips?

Oldffemt

WKR
Looking good, fixes some of the complaints I have with the takedown 22, although idk about the rear end not coming off, I could see that causing issues when it comes time to clean it. Who knows. All titanium, longer thread shank, no worrying about unscrewing the thread portion.

Only thing that would make it better is if they keyed the suppressor to the thread adapter. That way after cleaning it will index. Who knows maybe it does.

Either way I do enjoy my takedown 22 more than my griffin Optimus micro. Mine lives on a 17 though. Suppressed 22lr is cool and all, but novelty as I see it. Suppressed 17hmr makes for a pretty quiet varmint gun.
Is there anything in particular you don’t like about the Optimus micro? It’s on my short list for a second rimfire can and the fact that you can use it on 223 seems like a huge bonus to me. Am I missing something?

Yeah, I’d more than likely keep my cheap tiny apt. in WV while traveling.

So with the trust I’d have to get prints from everyone to be on it? I guess the only one I really need is my daughter in case something would happen to me. She’s out of state though. I’ll need to research this a little more.

Talk to a NFA attorney versed in the actual law, not some internet lawyers that think they know the law.

And avoid the canned trusts that silencer shop, silencer central and other tout. Get one customized to suit your situation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Lawnboi

WKR
Is there anything in particular you don’t like about the Optimus micro? It’s on my short list for a second rimfire can and the fact that you can use it on 223 seems like a huge bonus to me. Am I missing something?

It’s not a bad suppressor if you want one that does both, but being that I have more center fire suppressors, and more rimfire suppressors, dedicated suppressors do better at a task they are designed for.

It does a surprising job on the 223 bolt action but still isn’t my ultra 7, and it does a great job on my 17hmr but still isn’t quite as quiet as my takedown 22.

It will likely live out the rest of its life on a rimfire of some kind.

Good little suppressor I just have more cans than I do hosts currently

Oldffemt

WKR
It’s not a bad suppressor if you want one that does both, but being that I have more center fire suppressors, and more rimfire suppressors, dedicated suppressors do better at a task they are designed for.

It does a surprising job on the 223 bolt action but still isn’t my ultra 7, and it does a great job on my 17hmr but still isn’t quite as quiet as my takedown 22.

It will likely live out the rest of its life on a rimfire of some kind.

Good little suppressor I just have more cans than I do hosts currently
Thanks for the feedback. I was actually planning to primarily use it on a 17hmr and the additional versatility is a bonus for me.

RussDXT

WKR
Talk to a NFA attorney versed in the actual law, not some internet lawyers that think they know the law.

And avoid the canned trusts that silencer shop, silencer central and other tout. Get one customized to suit your situation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Why?

OP
rockymtnsam
If it is a hunting can, prioritize weight and size.

If I had to do it over again, I would get an all titanium can.
Good to know. It will be for hunting. Anyone have tips on the best option for a balance of weight, length, suppression? I’ll likely have this on the Element 7 PRC which is a 21” barrel.

lak2004

WKR
Good to know. It will be for hunting. Anyone have tips on the best option for a balance of weight, length, suppression? I’ll likely have this on the Element 7 PRC which is a 21” barrel.
SilencerCo scythe ti
Tbac ultra 7
AB raptor 8
Diligent defense enticer s-ti
Banish backcountry

More here:

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I went with the TBAC ultra 7 (I also have a banish 30 which is ok). If I was doing it again, I’d still but the tbac7 but now that I have one, the scythe will be the next one for me.

OP
rockymtnsam
SilencerCo scythe ti
Tbac ultra 7
AB raptor 8
Diligent defense enticer s-ti
Banish backcountry

More here:
Wasn’t familiar with AB, but after watching some videos, those are awesome and super quiet.

Weldor

WKR
I started out with the 30 cal. Harvester, lighweight, made for hunting, precision shooting ,low volume shooting. and it has a radial brake. I have others but this one is super consistent , that's what I want for hunting.

atmat

WKR
I went with the TBAC ultra 7 (I also have a banish 30 which is ok). If I was doing it again, I’d still but the tbac7 but now that I have one, the scythe will be the next one for me.
Is there any data out for the Scythe? Specs look super sweet but I’m skeptical.

Honestly I’m a bit skeptical too and it seems like in the end it’s not much lighter than a TBAC 7.
I have to say TBAC has made me lazy. With such a known quantity of a manufacturer out there as far as quality I just don't have a desire to go try and fix something that isn't broken. My father and I went to the range a week ago and his suppressor cover for his Ultra-9 Gen 2 hadn't arrived yet. I had my cover for my Ultra-9 Gen 1 with me so we had 1 cover between two shooters. Every time he wanted to shoot a group I had to take my suppressor off my rifle to get the cover off of it and give it to him. And he had to do the same when I shot. There was absolutely no change in POI, groups, or anything the whole time. That's just cool to me and it's something people don't really think of when they're shopping for suppressors.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I have to say TBAC has made me lazy. With such a known quantity of a manufacturer out there as far as quality I just don't have a desire to go try and fix something that isn't broken. My father and I went to the range a week ago and his suppressor cover for his Ultra-9 Gen 2 hadn't arrived yet. I had my cover for my Ultra-9 Gen 1 with me so we had 1 cover between two shooters. Every time he wanted to shoot a group I had to take my suppressor off my rifle to get the cover off of it and give it to him. And he had to do the same when I shot. There was absolutely no change in POI, groups, or anything the whole time. That's just cool to me and it's something people don't really think of when they're shopping for suppressors.
I guess the TBAC silencers are known for that . Interestingly though, every other silencer I’ve tried or has been owned by my friends will also do that. I’m not sure if losing POI was a thing back in the day and TBAC got it figured out early or what but I’ve never seen a silencer not do that and I’ve seen cheaper silencers as well as expensive TBAC stuff do it just fine.

I guess the TBAC silencers are known for that . Interestingly though, every other silencer I’ve tried or has been owned by my friends will also do that. I’m not sure if losing POI was a thing back in the day and TBAC got it figured out early or what but I’ve never seen a silencer not do that and I’ve seen cheaper silencers as well as expensive TBAC stuff do it just fine.
I doubt it's an issue with most of the mid to high end ones these days. I've seen a couple brands not do as well with it but to be fair to them the people shooting with them weren't necessarily precision guys either. Though I haven't personally seen someone take theirs off and re-attach it quite as much as I did in a single range session. I think we did that for both of ours at least 5-6 times in a single range session which is just something that never comes up.

tradman

Lil-Rokslider
buying a suppressor is straightforward. You can buy through Silencer Shop pretty easily. Do a trust. Start now.
I prefer a direct thread for hunting, and get a titanium one at least 7" long for best sound suppression for size.
I run a Thunderbeast Ultra 7. If you want steel the YHM Resonator is a good one.
X2 on the Resonator. Great price great quality and suppression.