NEW Kifaru Duplex Timberline Series

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Yep, that's the wife!

I was packing all of the packs earlier today and she's digging on the DT3 and T3.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I'm heading out for a backpacking trip, but when I get back I will get a video up on all the options/layout.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Headed out this weekend to test some gear (sleeping bags, packs, stoves and clothing) and release some cabin fever at the same time!

I was using the Duplex Timberline3 and my partner Gman was using the Timberline2.

DSC00875.jpg

DSC00873.jpg

DSC00878.jpg

DSC00880.jpg

TheTone

WKR
Really interesting new packs, probably my favorite thing I've yet seen come from Kifaru. I'd be all over this if I didn't already have a bunch of money invested in MR stuff.

hunting1

WKR
I am betting that a guy or lady would be well set with a DT3 and DT1 bag or LH bag. That is just awsome! Shouldn't you be turkey hunting and piling up sheds Aron? If you want to send me that DT3 I will take it turkey hunting next weekend and take lots of pictures for you! :)

stephen b

WKR
That DT 3 looks like it swallows up a lot of stuff. Great pics.

Aron,-
Is the DT 3 lid a dedicated lid like the Timberline lid- in that it is not removable, or can you use a different lid with it?

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The Timberline 3 and DT3 lids will both come off and can be swapped out with anything from the Kifaru line.

The XTL and Longhunter lids are just a little bigger than the T3/DT3 opening and Kifaru did not want to offer this...but it will work.

stephen b

WKR
Thank you- Aron for clarifying that. So this info from the website must not be exactly accurate:

"The T-3's top lid is sized to fit the smaller body of this pack, and no other lid options are available."

"Top Lid
options

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Nope...not 100% correct!

They didn't want people to order the XTL and Longhunter lids for the T3 as they don't fit exact and that was the best way for them to put it.

Again, the XTL and Longhunter lid will go on the T3, BUT, they are much larger and Kifaru does not recommend doing this.

Those packs look like they worked great. A DT3 on the duplex frame with a cargo panel is just what I need. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

The DT3 with the cargo panel is exactly what I've been waiting for, a perfect combination of day pack and load hauler that will actually fit my 21" torso.

Aron, you have any pictures with a bow strapped to the pack with the cargo panel?