New Kuiu Pro LT Bags Are Out

N2TRKYS

WKR
Yeah and I just had the idea last night that my portable half blind should fold up and be able to fit between the divide pack with a little folding stool, meaning I can walk without the blind slung over my shoulder and have my rifle in my hands. I do a lot of hunting like that so I think that'll be really nice.

Heck, yeah. Awesome.

Outwest

WKR
Kuiu got back to me about the Pro LT 5500, it's a 800 cuin lid but didn't know the weight. On my 6000 it weighed 6oz on the nose, so should be a little less than that.
I just got the LT 5500 yesterday. I weighed the lid for ya.. 3.4 oz on my scale. First impressions of the pack are good. Way more solid feeling to me than the older ultra line of bags. I think its a beefier material (330D vs 160D??) I haven't had a chance to really use it yet so I wont say more than that.

A few details don't jump out on the Kuiu website though.

The pack comes with 2 regular accessory straps (gate keeper at either end), 1 longer strap for the shroud I'm assuming and 2 buckle accessory straps (gatekeeper on one end with buckle on other).

There is a mesh detail pocket with key hook on the inside of the small top pocket.

There is NO water bladder sleeve in the 5500. Bummer but not a deal breaker.

The lid has a reinforced bladder hose port and will comfortably fit a 2L bladder.

Reactions: j33
Chris, how do you think the 1200 would do for predator hunting? Mile or less from the truck, carrying a tripod, pad, e-caller, decoy, and snacks/water. Was originally thinking of getting a venture 1800 but it seems overkill for what I need.

ChrisAU

WKR
Chris, how do you think the 1200 would do for predator hunting? Mile or less from the truck, carrying a tripod, pad, e-caller, decoy, and snacks/water. Was originally thinking of getting a venture 1800 but it seems overkill for what I need.

I think it’d be perfect that, sounds like how I predator hunt, and hadn’t thought of using it for that!

gexpro

WKR
Classified Approved
Bummer. Thanks

don’t be turned down by this, I just used the LT 5500 on a 6 day trip and it is hands down now my favorite size and bag from KUIU yet. hauled over 90lbs of meat and equipment out with no troubles. The water proof back and lower panel were a great idea and blood did not soak through. The 330D fabric is lightweight but extremely durable.

very happy with the performance, and it’s going to replace my robust pro 7800

Attachments

• 7CF276B0-54F5-438C-A748-475BF4A2FBB8.jpeg
    7CF276B0-54F5-438C-A748-475BF4A2FBB8.jpeg
    564.6 KB · Views: 90

Baron528

FNG
don’t be turned down by this, I just used the LT 5500 on a 6 day trip and it is hands down now my favorite size and bag from KUIU yet. hauled over 90lbs of meat and equipment out with no troubles. The water proof back and lower panel were a great idea and blood did not soak through. The 330D fabric is lightweight but extremely durable.

very happy with the performance, and it’s going to replace my robust pro 7800
I've been leaning toward the LT 4000. I mainly do 1-3 day hunts and with a few add-ons I can stretch it to 5-6. The extra space of the 5500 would be nice but I don't want a 3L bladder in the lid. I was going to pick up a SO Talon to use as a compression panel regardless of the bag. Have to do some research on how many people run a bladder in that. Thanks for the info.

FishfinderAK

Lil-Rokslider
If anyone is upgrading and wants to sell their Icon Pro 55 or ultra 4000 bag, gimme a shout. I may be interested.

Outwest

WKR
A question for those with the 5500 LT. Is there a hydration port on the bag itself or just the lid?

Actually, there is a port on the bag as well as the lid.

There is no bladder sleeve inside the bag though.

9d4cbe6c2577d657c793227ffedd9598.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have used kuiu pro lt 4000 gear back w a meat shelf, its exception and around/under 4 lbs. use this code for your purchase with $50 off. Clicl the link and they will email you a checkout code. have a good one guys

Does anyone have any pics of the 7000 pro LT bag? Google has resulted in 0 breakdowns or reviews of the bag so a guy can take a look at how it's configured. I am kind of shocked there is nothing out there than the Kuiu video with almost no information.

glad to see kuiu has been upping their pack game since early. i bought one of their early packs (ultra 1800 i believe) and it left a lot to be desired. it looks like they have upgraded every aspect of their packs. i bought the updated waistbelt and suspension prior to selling mine, and it was much better than the original.