New Mexico Draw

gburk

WKR
My low standards for archery deer tags comes through again! 1/8 across four applicants.
Fairly convinced I’ll never draw an elk tag there!

Mojave

WKR
I spoke to 10 people this morning. One family of 5 hunters drew 8 tags, 4 javelina 2 deer youth elk and youth oryx. My coworker drew a 34 archery elk and 34 muzzleloader mule deer.

Most of the other people I worked with drew nothing.

Including the guy the resident that only applied for one tag.

Mojave

WKR
Last year they refunded the credit card that the application was on. If I remember correctly it was within a week.

Also 0 for 7 here.
They start verifying that tags went to people that are eligible. It is possible to get the "call" a week or two after the drawing if you want a tag for someone that either turned one in, or got one illegally by not being a resident, youth, MOB, military or whatever.

My neighbor's wife got a elk tag in 16A last year that way.

NoWiser

WKR
I drew a great elk tag the very first year I applied in NM. 7 years in a row now I've seen nothing but red, a lot of pretty decent odds tags were applied for in that time. Maybe next year.

Unsuccessful this year. Good luck to those that drew. It’s gotten progressively more difficult over the years. A friend that lives in NM hasn’t drawn a resident elk tag in 10 years.

KHNC

WKR
Damn! How the heck are yall even getting into the site?? Ive checked fiddy times in last 2 hours.