New orleans food recommendations

Taking my daughter to a concert there and want some suggestions on things to see and good food to eat,no fine dining.We will be there a few days.

Get beignets for breakfast. Cafe du Monde is great but the line is usually ridiculous. There are a few other places in the French Quarter that serve them as well. Afterwards walk around Jackson Square and take in the sights. GW Finns is great. It is a nice place but I have to recommend it. We try to eat there whenever we are in New Orleans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kickemall

WKR
Red Fish on Bourbon has great food just off Canal. Cafe Beignet on Royal has awesome beignets. Pat O’Brians for Hurricanes. I’d say Rick’s Caberet but probably not with your daughter. A city tour is well worth doing as is a walk through the WW2 museum. Most all the restaurants have good food. Definitely take a walk down Bourbon in the evening to see the street performers.
Edit - Mothers for breakfast. Get there early or be prepared to stand in line.

Last edited:

Vandy321

WKR
Stanley's in Jackson Square for breakfast (used to go every sunday whem we lived there). Central Grocery for the original muffaleta sandwich for lunch... the Joint BBQ the next day in the bywater. All walkable if staying downtown (although a short uber to the bywater is best) Skip the typical tourist traps and fair warning, the oysters in Nola are terrible if you've ever had 'real" gulf cost oysters from Apalachicola.

Mosby

WKR
I can't improve on the restaurant recommendations. I can recommend that you do not wear dark colored clothing when going out to eat beignets.

Commanders palace is good for a little higher end food. Dooky Chase's is really good as well as Willie Mae's scotch house. I ate mostly fried foods when I was there. The food was amazing, but I felt terrible at the end of the week eating all that fried food. lol

Commanders palace is good for a little higher end food. Dooky Chase's is really good as well as Willie Mae's scotch house. I ate mostly fried foods when I was there. The food was amazing, but I felt terrible at the end of the week eating all that fried food. lol
Forgot to add Willie Mae’s to my list. Great chicken.

Swift

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t think you can go wrong with any Food there!!! Look for little off the Main Streets places we had some incredible eats last time we were there 😋 now I’m hungry for beigne 🤦🏻‍♂️

kbone

FNG
Check out "Dat Dawg." Must have ate hot dogs there during a bachelor party 10 times. Pretty good stuff.

Fitzwho

WKR
I’ll second Acme Oyster house. Or if you like a “nicer” spot, right next door at Bourbon Street Bar and Grill. Acme is more of a dive bar type environment. Bourbon street is upscale. The doors to each are maybe 50 feet apart.

feanor

WKR
I’m not even planning on going to New Orleans, but I can dream about that sandwhich.
Mmmmm