New stone glacier pack?

ljalberta

WKR
Raced home to my delivery notification today. Unboxed the pack, adjusted a few straps, put some weight in it and threw it on. Waist belt wasn’t even close. Checked the size…wrong size sent. Double checked my order, right size order. Will be giving them a call in the AM. I’m sure they’ll mail me the right sized belt immediately, but what a downer…
That’s definitely unfortunate. Is the belt still easily replaceable as with the Evo and xCurve series, or does the pack being sewn to the frame effect this at all?

sr80

WKR
Raced home to my delivery notification today. Unboxed the pack, adjusted a few straps, put some weight in it and threw it on. Waist belt wasn’t even close. Checked the size…wrong size sent. Double checked my order, right size order. Will be giving them a call in the AM. I’m sure they’ll mail me the right sized belt immediately, but what a downer…
aww thats the worst! Im still waiting for mine to arrive, its been two weeks and it shows it in compton california still!!!

Kotaman

WKR
That’s definitely unfortunate. Is the belt still easily replaceable as with the Evo and xCurve series, or does the pack being sewn to the frame effect this at all?
Yes, belt is easily replaceable. Same as EVO and X Curve. A quick call to SG this morning and the right belt is on its way. Have always had great service from SG. Hopefully the belt comes as fast as my pack did!

First impressions out of the box are good. Can’t wait to throw some weight in it and give it a go.

Matt G.

WKR
I just received my first stone glacier pack on the xcurve frame and it was missing the female end to the belt buckle.... ugh.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Hey Kurt, would you still need game bags with this pack or do you put the meat deboned straight into the bag, or maybe into one big game bag.

schmalzy

WKR
Question: Does anyone know if the EVO/Krux rifle sling works on the new Terminus?

I don’t think so but I could be wrong. All the pictures I saw showed rifles in the cradle but strapped to the side of the terminus.

I ordered a slick sling for mine, but haven’t set it up yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sr80

WKR
Finally got my terminus in. Loaded it with all my
Day hunt gear. I really like the layout of this pack. I think the internal meat sleeve is going to be sweet, as usual SG bags pack down very nice, even for a 7000ci bag. I added an extra strap at the bottom front on mine. Not sure if ill
Keep the strap there or not.

Attachments

• 919E93A3-605C-48C2-A487-6E37EC61553F.jpeg
    919E93A3-605C-48C2-A487-6E37EC61553F.jpeg
    349.4 KB · Views: 146
  • 02CB9B26-A835-43C8-9654-550DA8D54B11.jpeg
    02CB9B26-A835-43C8-9654-550DA8D54B11.jpeg
    384.5 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:

ljalberta

WKR
Finally got my terminus in. Loaded it with all my
Day hunt gear. I really like the layout of this pack. I think the internal meat sleeve is going to be sweet, as usual SG bags pack down very nice, even for a 7000ci bag. I added an extra strap at the bottom front on mine. Not sure if ill
Keep the strap there or not.
Looks real slick. Any initial thoughts on the new inner materials for the belt and shoulder straps?

Mines been sitting in LA for awhile now. Hopefully it’ll make some progress north sometime soon.

sr80

WKR
Looks real slick. Any initial thoughts on the new inner materials for the belt and shoulder straps?

Mines been sitting in LA for awhile now. Hopefully it’ll make some progress north sometime soon.
ugh ya mine took forever to get to me, almost a month for some reason. Sat in LA and Compton for almost two weeks. Same with a buddies SG order. The material is definitely a smoother not as coarse material. They say its the same comfort level but i feel like this will be better feeling once loaded heavy.

schmalzy

WKR
ugh ya mine took forever to get to me, almost a month for some reason. Sat in LA and Compton for almost two weeks. Same with a buddies SG order. The material is definitely a smoother not as coarse material. They say its the same comfort level but i feel like this will be better feeling once loaded heavy.

I like the material better than what’s on my xcurve. I just did 12 miles with about 45 pounds and felt great. Comfort wise probably pretty damn close but the biggest plus for me is it doesn’t pill or pick up pine needles/debris/etc. The pack is quiet without any squeaks, balances well. Works great for my purposes.

chizelhead

Lil-Rokslider
It looks like they're sold out on their website. I wonder when they might be back in stock or if they're done for the season.

Last edited:

Kurt

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Nathanofthenorth – In regards to game bags inside of the internal load cell, it will work either way. We have preferred to use game bags or one of our load cell bags as it makes managing the meat a little easier, especially on multiple day pack out where you may need to get the meat out to hang it or cool it at night. Game bags of some sort makes transferring meat and keeping it clean a little easier as well. Ultimately, personal preference though.

Kotaman – Sorry to hear about the struggles with shipping on your pack, and I also apologize for the wrong belt sizing on it. Happy to hear that the layout is working well for you so far.
We will have a Terminus specific gun sling, it is in production right now. The sling will work virtually identical to the current sling, however it will attach differently and incorporate the top strap into holding the rifle. I have been using the design the last two years and very happy with function.
We will also have a Terminus hip pocket, it is a little wider and larger than our current styles, internal elastic loops for rifle rounds, and is made of Xpac material. This will also be available in April along with the rifle sling. If you need the rifle sling earlier, feel free to email me and we can make you one by modifying one for an Xcurve.

Chizelhead – We are expecting more inventory by mid-March. If you are interested, there is a “Notify me when available” link on the Terminus page of our website, this will send you an email as soon as they are back in inventory. You are also welcome to call or email to get updates as we get closer to the anticipated arrival date.

Best
Kurt
[email protected]

hflier

WKR
Nathanofthenorth – In regards to game bags inside of the internal load cell, it will work either way. We have preferred to use game bags or one of our load cell bags as it makes managing the meat a little easier, especially on multiple day pack out where you may need to get the meat out to hang it or cool it at night. Game bags of some sort makes transferring meat and keeping it clean a little easier as well. Ultimately, personal preference though.

Kotaman – Sorry to hear about the struggles with shipping on your pack, and I also apologize for the wrong belt sizing on it. Happy to hear that the layout is working well for you so far.
We will have a Terminus specific gun sling, it is in production right now. The sling will work virtually identical to the current sling, however it will attach differently and incorporate the top strap into holding the rifle. I have been using the design the last two years and very happy with function.
We will also have a Terminus hip pocket, it is a little wider and larger than our current styles, internal elastic loops for rifle rounds, and is made of Xpac material. This will also be available in April along with the rifle sling. If you need the rifle sling earlier, feel free to email me and we can make you one by modifying one for an Xcurve.

Chizelhead – We are expecting more inventory by mid-March. If you are interested, there is a “Notify me when available” link on the Terminus page of our website, this will send you an email as soon as they are back in inventory. You are also welcome to call or email to get updates as we get closer to the anticipated arrival date.

Best
Kurt
[email protected]

Kurt, how about a 5,000 ci pack like the Terminus?

Ron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Kurt

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Ron, there has been quite a bit of customer feedback on that offering, and is very likely for the future. However, our pack line and production is set for this year, so it will not be an immediate offering. Feel free to check back at any time to see where we are at with that option.

ChrisAU

WKR
Ron, there has been quite a bit of customer feedback on that offering, and is very likely for the future. However, our pack line and production is set for this year, so it will not be an immediate offering. Feel free to check back at any time to see where we are at with that option.

Kurt, just another one here who would like the same setup in 4500-5500 CI. Would cut weight even more.

chizelhead

Lil-Rokslider
Back in stock and ordered! Thanks Kurt. I'm looking forward to adding the gun sling.

rcb2000

WKR
Brightwhite,
Ultra PE is a laminate fabric is very similar construction to Xpac, the face fabric laminated to waterproof backer. The fabric is louder than Cordura just like Xpac. The fabric also breaks in with use and becomes more flexible which does make it quieter over time, similar to how Cordura 500 becomes more pliable. Ultra PE will always be more noisy than Cordura, but the weight savings, increased durability, and waterproof laminate is a trade off I am more than happy to make for an alpine pack.
The waterproof fabric works very well wet weather, however in very heavy rain it is possible to push water through the seams, but it takes quite a lot of exposure. We have not able to duplicate water coming through the seams with the Terminus design and fabric in testing, however I have seen that happen with earlier Xpac and Dyneema laminate prototype packs I built and tested several years ago. Coastal hunts with heavy, sustained rain, I would suggest a rain cover, especially if you leave your pack outside at night. I don't carry a rain cover here in Montana with this pack regardless of the time of year.

MTwarden is exactly correct, this is a purpose built pack that does take a tight gear list. Keep in mind that approximately 2400 cubic inches will be used for boned meat on a deer/sheep/goat sized animal. This leaves 4600 for gear and cape. If planning on packing a full goat cape or scenarios like that, multiple trips or a buddy are going to be needed. On a 12 day sheep hunt this last season, I was at approximately 6000 cubic inches of gear/food going in, with approximately 3000+ cubic being nothing but food (14 days total.) The swap ends up being food volume for boned meat. Specific design was around carrying a boned animal, shoulder cape rolled up on top, capped skull, gear, and a couple days of food on the pack out. Here in MT, with sheep it would be cape on head as shown in some of our field photos of the pack on our website. If there are any concerns in regards to volume or versatility with the load shelf, the Evo frame or Xcurve frame are definitely a better choice you. However, for those that look at this pack and say "that is exactly what I have been looking for", this may be for you. In the end, I designed the Terminus for exactly what I wanted and needed, figuring there has to be customers out there looking for the same.

Another note, hydration is designed to be carried in the lid, a hose port is integrated into the lid. The hanging bladder location found on many packs against the frame cannot be used as this is the load cell area.
Hi Kurt,
This looks incredible, very cool addition.
In close up pics, this material looks very similar to what Seek Outside has started using as well, under the name Spectra from Honeywell I believe. Is this the same or similar?

schmalzy

WKR
Kurt, just another one here who would like the same setup in 4500-5500 CI. Would cut weight even more.

I know it doesn’t do anything for the weight savings aspect, but FWIW these things compress extremely well, much more so than xcurve/bag of choice.