New Stone Glacier packs added

sr80

WKR
Looks like a 4800ci pack and a behemoth 8700 ci terminus!!

Look great!

Col 4800 looks like a great all around option. I have a talus 6900 and solo 3600.

The 3600 is smaller than ideal for me if packing camp in most instances. One of the things I don't like about it is the lack of a pocket on the bottom of the sides to stuff the tips of trekking poles/tent pole/fishing rod in. I see the col added a pocket on the passenger side of the bag.

wnelson14

WKR
Col 4800 looks like a great all around option. I have a talus 6900 and solo 3600.

The 3600 is smaller than ideal for me if packing camp in most instances. One of the things I don't like about it is the lack of a pocket on the bottom of the sides to stuff the tips of trekking poles/tent pole/fishing rod in. I see the col added a pocket on the passenger side of the bag.
Agree…6900 I think is their best bag regardless. Basically in bivy mode is more versatile then the 4800, and same size.

slowelk

WKR
Really like the Col, but I wish it was lid compatible! Even if a lid wasn't sold with it, the option to add it would be nice.

Am I perhaps missing the attachment points in the pictures?

Rus

FNG
I’m in the market for a new backpack. Had my mind set on the new exo 5000 coming out. The col 4800 now makes the decision much harder!

Really like the Col, but I wish it was lid compatible! Even if a lid wasn't sold with it, the option to add it would be nice.

Am I perhaps missing the attachment points in the pictures?

The Col kind of has a built in lid with that top pocket. It seems like just a more purpose built alternative to going lidless on a 5900/6900. Doesn't have a top opening for a lid to cover, the top pocket might not work as neat with a lid, and adding attachment points would add a little weight, sewing, and "stuff" that isn't needed for how most people would use it.

slowelk

WKR
The Col kind of has a built in lid with that top pocket. It seems like just a more purpose built alternative to going lidless on a 5900/6900. Doesn't have a top opening for a lid to cover, the top pocket might not work as neat with a lid, and adding attachment points would add a little weight, sewing, and "stuff" that isn't needed for how most people would use it.

I can see that in the design. The top of the pack reminds me of the R3 3300 I used to use, which had the option for a lid.

drra

FNG
Looks like a great option - amazing the quality and variety of gear being produced. Very happy with my frontier pack (barney pack - 7800), but I too have started the search for a smaller pack in that 4000 range.

Jimss

WKR
Looks like a great large volume, light weight pack. Like the load lifters are pretty high on the bag. I actually prefer large volume packs that can be cinched down tight so there is room to pack bulky loads the first trip out. I sometime have large or bulky life-sized capes so it's nice to have extra room in the bag. Also mentions "To minimize excess leverage and maximize load placement, the 2200 cubic inch internal load cell positions the meat next to the frame and closest to your center of gravity."

nobody

WKR
Man what a shame, I'm really surprised it doesn't attach to the frame like most everyone else.
Well I guess exo attaches the from to the frame and the back to the bag. But you can make it work.
Its nice to have some storage when your packing meat.
To clear things up, they do attach to the frame via a long strap that runs from the frame sheet and up to the lid. The loops on the front are only for attaching a quick detach buckle. Snip below is of an Evo 40/56, my personal favorite :)

1672419694688.png