New truck, no idea what this is... help!

Titan_Bow

WKR
I had a 2004 Nissan Titan XE that I put 280K miles on. In that time, the only major mechanical malfunction was a busted radiator, due in part to my over zealous driving on a rocky trail. My only gripe with Nissans after owning that one, and an Xterra with 160k miles, is that the interior components are junk. My Titan for example looked horrible on the inside. My elbow wore through the armrest, all the texture was worn off the steering wheel, all the knobs and dials had worn spots. The drivers seat had a hole where my wallet wore through.

TNHunter

Lil-Rokslider
The rails are designed to attach movable cleats. The cleats can be moved along the rails to adjust for tie-downs. The cleats are great for securing anything in the bed of the truck. You can probably find some on EBay. I’ve got a 2013 Nissan Titan Pro4X. Great truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZDR

WKR
My hunting partner has a Titan with the cummins diesel and its a beast...really nice truck, very capable and comfortable.

OP
Dunndm

Dunndm

WKR
Most of the tonneau covers will require that you take the rails off in order to install. Usually the way around this is to flip the rails upside down to get the clearance needed for the cover. Your truck should have come with 4 removable tie down points for the rails. If it didn’t, I still have my set, let me know and I’ll ship them to you if you cover shipping costs. The rails are also compatible with Superstrut accessories that are sold in the electrical section of Home Depot/Lowe’s.

They didn’t come with any tie down system at all, and I just started my own business and been haulin stuff all over strapping stuff down with not much spots for anchor points. I will 100% accept those!

I’m at Lowe’s or HD almost everyday I’ll check that stuff out next time I’m there!

OP
Dunndm

Dunndm

WKR
The 1st generation of titan's are literally the most underated 1/2 ton ever. They're comparably reliable to a toyota tundra without the hype and additional price tag. After having multiple generations of 1/2'rs from all three domestic manufacturers I'd take a titan any day over gm/ford/mopar. They also offered a true 7' bed when the trend from others was going to the pointless/soccer mom 5 1/2' beds which still are for weekend warriors.

I have no idea if the durability carried forward on the newest generation though. Looks like yours is the older?

It’s a 2017, so not necessarily old but defiantly not new.

OP
Dunndm

Dunndm

WKR
It’s a mid gate. Super handy when hauling ice chest or other gear you don’t want sliding around. Just slide the gate up to the ice chest. No need to tie gear down you don’t want sliding around. I had an ‘07 Titan and I loved using the midgate

Is “mid gate” the company or just the term they use for the rail tracks

Here are the tie down attachments and a sliding/ mid gate. In my truck.

Attachments

• 20210303_164431.jpg
    20210303_164431.jpg
    279.4 KB · Views: 53
  • 20210303_164447.jpg
    20210303_164447.jpg
    268.8 KB · Views: 53
  • 20210303_164438.jpg
    20210303_164438.jpg
    289.8 KB · Views: 55
Tail bed, truck bed hahaha born and raised in a city in California... moved to South Carolina for a reason. Haha

I did the same thing (San Diego native, spent all my adult life here in Charleston). I call it a truck bed. :LOL:

Navy?

And what exactly were you doing while you allowed this to happen??
In retrospect I think it was deliberate...something she did the moment she realized I was a keeper and she intended to stay around but preferred a regular mattress. Been together over 30 yrs now..