New Whitetail RIfle and Caliber

OP
S

ShaneC

FNG
Tikka roughtech In 6.5 prc has a 24” barrel.. that would be hard to beat
I am not familiar with all the different Tikka models, is there a difference between them? They all are T3x lites. Are they basically all the same?

kkp005

WKR
I am not familiar with all the different Tikka models, is there a difference between them? They all are T3x lites. Are they basically all the same?
The roughtech is an “upgraded” model. Fluted barrel and bolt. Threaded barrel

kkp005

WKR
That roughtech ember looks like a nice rifle. I may look for one.
Unfortunately I don’t think those are available in the US.. Also check out the t3x veils. I have one in 308 and it’s shoots everything from 150-180gr sub MOA

rootacres

WKR
6.8 Western - so you can guinea pig some good loads for us lol. But that would be a good option. All three are good. Something for thought, if you plan on reloading look at the 7 SAUM. It does everything the 280 AI does only better (marginally). You can run slightly bigger/heavier monos in it for pigs too (over the 6.5 and 6.8).

I know that finding brass and loaded ammo for the PRC is difficult right now. I suspect it is with the other two as well. It doesn't matter what chambering. If you go with the 280AI, you can share bullets with the 7-08.

Longleaf

Lil-Rokslider
Ive really enjoyed the light recoil of my 6.5PRC, If only using it for whitetail out to 600 you could easily go shorter barrel, 20-22", you can make up for some velocity loss with reloading. I find myself reaching for my 18" 6.5CM more that anything when hunting whitetail, but Im also shooting suppressed.