NHL Playoffs posts

whitetail88arch

Lil-Rokslider
Rask was awesome last night. After the 2nd goal of that bouncy puck I knew it was over. Sticking to my guns Blues in 7!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pn8hall

WKR
HOLY SHIT THE BLUES WON THE CUP!!!! What a ride! Man that was a tough series. Gotta give the Bruins some credit for sure. They are a tough team. LETS GO BLUES!

Comerade

FNG
Congrats Blues, been a long time.
With Canadians on the roster you will usually win. 14 Canucks on SLB's.
Yup, I am Canadian and played lots of hockey, so I pull for the team with the most of my fellow citizens.Enjoy the Cup , Canadian kids grow up pretending they won it.

Scott/IL

Lil-Rokslider
I think the elation of it all is starting to turn into realization finally. The parade down Market yesterday to the Arch was unreal. So many people. I’m old enough to remember some of the hardships from the early 90s and on. Scott Stevens debacle, Keenan blowing the team up, Fuhr getting wiped out against the Wings, the terrible years of the mid 2000’s, and finally the stagnant core of players that seemed to get a coach fired every other season as of late.

I was on the edge of my couch the entire game 7. When Petro netted that goal late in the 1st, a sense of “We got this” came into my head, but as a life long Blues fan I had to put that away until we got that 3rd one from Schenn late. Unbelievable ride for these boys. Love seeing the guys and especially Patty Maroon out getting hammered and celebrating with fans in his hometown too.

After the O’Reilly trade and the Maroon signing, I almost bought a partial season ticket package last off-season and when they were in last place I remember thinking how glad I was that I didn’t spend the money on it. Looking back now, I probably missed my chance, as this city has been overtaken by hockey.

An interesting bit of history. Scott Stevens was sent to the Devils by an arbitrator for the Blues signing of Shanahan back in the day in what has always been a hotly debated topic here, as it should have been a Blues core throughout the 90s led by HOF’s Shanny, Hull, and Stevens. Later Shanny was traded for Chris Pronger. Some years later Pronger was traded for Eric Brewer. Following that, Brewer was traded for a draft pick, which the Blues used to select Jordan Binnington.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pn8hall

WKR
The Rangers and Penguins series has been great to far. Still rooting for my Blues but man our defense is so banged up and our depth on blue line is our weak point I am not very confident this year. If we make it past Wild next up will be the AVS and they are so damn good this year.

The Rangers and Penguins series has been great to far. Still rooting for my Blues but man our defense is so banged up and our depth on blue line is our weak point I am not very confident this year. If we make it past Wild next up will be the AVS and they are so damn good this year.
Hey hey hey, Preds ain't out yet! But I'll admit, is looking like a good year for the AVS

Jimbob

WKR
This is our year, GO LEAFS!

actually, I'm terrified of the Lightening, they have all the history to pull through and the Leafs have the opposite. Here's to hoping.