Nightforce zerostop issue

WMDM

Lil-Rokslider
So I have a Nightforce SHV with exposed turret and zero stop. I zero'd in my rifle today. Very happy with it overall, seems to track true!

The issue I ran into was setting the zero stop. I followed the directions and video and torqued the little screws to 4 inch pounds.

My problem is after dialing up it goes about 1 click past zero. I researched this a bit but couldn't find a solution..
Photo is where the dial stops after turning down.

Could definitely be user error just looking for help
20231117_203012~2.jpg
Thanks in advance

BBob

WKR
It's common on those since it's just the turret bottoming out. It's been awhile but you should be able to offset it by clicking up one or two marks from your actual zero then reset the zero set.

Not the SHV but on all 3 of my NXS Compacts mine do the same. Or I should say I set them that way, seems there was a thread at one time saying when you set your zero stop to set it past zero a click or 2 then going back to zero. Not really sure you need to do it that way but so far its worked perfectly for me.

gelton

WKR
😄
Kinda irritating especially when they are touted for their turrets. My Leupold CDS zero stop is rock solid 😳
They specifically design them that way in case you need to dial below zero in a given scenario. Here are the instructions for the SHV (if you don't want the negative travel try starting over and being sure that the turret cap is pushed down firmly before torquing it back):
1700322794373.png
And here are the instructions for the ATACR. My 4-16x42 ATACR is different in that it will stop at zero but you can still unlock the turret and have a travel of about .75 MOA negative of zero:

1700322961815.png

cams

FNG
Nightforce has Zerohold, ZeroSet and ZeroStop features in different models. The ATACR with the ZeroStop once set up should stop solid at your zero. Thats my experience with my atacr and previous nxs. The SHV F1,which I don’t have anymore, would dial 1 or 2 clicks below zero.

OP
WMDM

WMDM

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you guys!
I did follow the directions (numerous times) and just couldn't get the 1-2 clicks of slop out of it. Is what it is on the SHV model apparently. Good to know it's a glitch with this model.

I was debating between the SHV and a NXS. This may have made me go with the NXS but still very happy with it overall.

Thanks again for everyone's input.

cams

FNG
I had the SHV 4-14F1. That was a solid scope, the zeroset feature did not bother me at all. The older NXS F1 was solid as well. Wished I never sold those scopes!

OP
WMDM

WMDM

Lil-Rokslider
I had the SHV 4-14F1. That was a solid scope, the zeroset feature did not bother me at all. The older NXS F1 was solid as well. Wished I never sold those scopes!
I suspect it's more annoying to me due to being used to spinning down to a hard stop on my Leupolds. It's a solid scope for sure!