Nitto vs Toyo (265/60/20")

I pulled the trigger today on Ridge Grapplers, 10 ply. Pretty impressed so far.

The guys at the shop confirmed that some of the other options (like my Falken AT) just don’t hold up as well with that heavy engine and torque. Don’t think I’ll need 4x4 to get out of my lawn now. Time will tell!

The tire shop owner also recommended 65 in the front and 75 in the back all the time.

Appreciate all the advice.
How do they ride on the pavement, and are they loud? I have a 2016 duramax 2500 with Toyo Open Country Mud Terrains and they have held up better than expected but are very loud in the highway and float around a little bit on the pavement ….I was thinking the other day about getting something quieter and a little smoother ride, but still want something capable off-road. The ridge grapplers may be the answer

sjwfarms

Lil-Rokslider
have used both, among others on various Ram 2500 diesels....I'll second the folks talking about tire pressure being a bigger issue on the traction than the tires. Off-season, as when i'm not towing or handling heavy loads I keep front and back on front tire pressure rating 55-60. Annoying that my electronic tire gauge keeps giving me a warning but no problem with traction. During season or towing heavy, jack the rears up to recommended 75-80. actually keeps tread life more even.

OP
menhaden_man
How do they ride on the pavement, and are they loud? I have a 2016 duramax 2500 with Toyo Open Country Mud Terrains and they have held up better than expected but are very loud in the highway and float around a little bit on the pavement ….I was thinking the other day about getting something quieter and a little smoother ride, but still want something capable off-road. The ridge grapplers may be the answer
So far so good but I haven’t been on a highway yet… will report back soon.

By the way, the guy that owns the tire shop (solid guy that knows his stuff) says 65 lbs in front and 75 lbs in back, all the time. I paid a little more for the 10 ply. Will be towing a few things today. And hunting Friday.

So far so good but I haven’t been on a highway yet… will report back soon.

By the way, the guy that owns the tire shop (solid guy that knows his stuff) says 65 lbs in front and 75 lbs in back, all the time. I paid a little more for the 10 ply. Will be towing a few things today. And hunting Friday.
Roger that, Ive got a good bit of tread left, only have about 35K miles on these Toyo M/Ts, but definitely would like to hear back from you as you get a better feel for the Ridge Grapplers
IMG_1504.jpeg

OP
menhaden_man
@Doc Holliday, just an update - I can tell there’s a little more noise/feel on the county roads (55 mph) but not enough to bother me.

@Megalodon will also be happy to know that I was able to successfully navigate wet grass on a flat lawn without 4WD in my z71 package after parking a trailer. With 75 psi to boot! Very challenging conditions but I was able to pull it off.

199BFFC9-4B1F-424D-B993-6A76F0C86AA1.jpeg

CCooper

WKR
If you are thinking ridge grapplers but were happy with the Toyo MT’s, the Toyo RT trail is worth a look. I headed down this same rabbit hole this year. I am super pleased with them so far. After years of running MT’s these are very well mannered on the pavement and have done super well on gravel.
A48230D2-D4C0-48A1-9022-90717CB80E31.jpeg

Megalodon

Lil-Rokslider
@Doc Holliday, just an update - I can tell there’s a little more noise/feel on the county roads (55 mph) but not enough to bother me.

@Megalodon will also be happy to know that I was able to successfully navigate wet grass on a flat lawn without 4WD in my z71 package after parking a trailer. With 75 psi to boot! Very challenging conditions but I was able to pull it off.

View attachment 604443
Congrats :rolleyes: don't think you seem like the type that woulda came back and told us anything different though lol. Confirmation bias is real.

OP
menhaden_man
Congrats :rolleyes: don't think you seem like the type that woulda came back and told us anything different though lol. Confirmation bias is real.
I was being a smart ass, but you’re right that rarely does someone say they made the wrong move.

I’ll be elk hunting in WY in a couple weeks, have some good highway miles, and was on USFS roads a bit this week, some towing in between it all. We’ll see how they hold up.

I promise they’re better traction than my last set without a doubt.

I switched from Toyo RT to BFG KM3 after a national back order. Loudest, hardest tire to balance known to man, but the km3 have long tread life. Regardless going back to toyo. Wife has toyo AtIII great tire and great winter traction