Nl pure focus is loose

stan_wa

Lil-Rokslider
I got a pair of 12x nl pures I love the optics. One issue is that when I pull it out of the bino buddy the focus is always off cause it moves in the case. Is it normal for the focus nob to be this loose is there anything I can do to fix this?

Outwest

WKR
If there’s an obvious point of contact in the bino case with the focus wheel, that’s your issue. Normal walking will cause enough movement to take them out of focus. I notice if I leave my kuiu harness lid halfway up, it rubs the focus wheel and I have to refocus when I use them.

You could possibly shim your binos higher in the case with some foam at the bottom to stop them from rubbing.

OP
stan_wa

stan_wa

Lil-Rokslider
I’ll check for contact, if I shim much higher it will be hard to close. I will say the focus wheel takes about half the force to turn as my vortex

I find it’s quite a fine focus. Just a 1/8th roll all usually I’m back on. My complaint is getting it into fine focus if you barely go past it gets blurry quick.

OP
stan_wa

stan_wa

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah if walk around for like 40 min the focus will go all the way up close and I gotta spin it a few times when I pull em up