NM Unit Rifle

Cole97

FNG
Thanks all for the replies and updates on NM! It was an awesome hunt, saw lots of elk, not many people and about a million big horn sheep! The wife and I hiked in a few days early about 7 miles, set up camp and put in some work. Found a couple herds and watched them to figure out any patterns before season started. The moon was huge, so actually did a lot of moonlight glassing and listening (bulls were still bugling and pushing). My bull fell 9.5 miles in to a 88 yd shot from the 7mag. Really appreciate this animal and the opportunity.

Cole97

FNG
Thanks all for the replies and updates on NM! It was an awesome hunt, saw lots of elk, not many people and about a million big horn sheep! The wife and I hiked in a few days early about 7 miles, set up camp and put in some work. Found a couple herds and watched them to figure out any patterns before season started. The moon was huge, so actually did a lot of moonlight glassing and listening (bulls were still bugling and pushing). My bull fell 9.5 miles in to a 88 yd shot from the 7mag. Really appreciate this animal and the opportunity.
Was u camped on North side of a Lake and there was some dudes with ponies to the southeast of ya and y’all packed out before weather hit? Lol.

OP
Pasayten

Pasayten

FNG
Was u camped on North side of a Lake and there was some dudes with ponies to the southeast of ya and y’all packed out before weather hit? Lol.
Yep, the wife and i had coffee with a couple of the boys in that camp. Were you in that group? If so how did ya'll end up doing?

Cole97

FNG
Ya I was the one out hunting when my pansy brother and cousin was drinkin coffee with y’all lol. I found elk back east towards truches everyday just nothing wanted to shoot. Finally found them in the huge bowl to south we glassed them up from up top but only 1 hour left and 3 miles away. I’m sure it was the group you shot yours from I would guess. Anyway no elk shots but we all killed mulies. My brother and another guy shot 2 small bucks and I managed to kill high 170’s bout 1/2 back to trailhead.