Northeast Missour Public Land Hunt

Planning on going on a public land bow hunt in the middle of October. Thinking about the Deer Ridge area or Frost Island. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
toothman0644. We welcome you to the site but let me offer a suggestion. For your first post you might consider somewhat of an introduction-not super intimate details but just a bit about you, your location etc. We have a FNG forums for just that purpose.

We try to moderate the forum to keep it a positive environment and we don't' really like to see established members bash new friends but you need to think of this site like a bunch of guys/gals sitting around chatting about hunting, backpacking etc. How would you approach folks in an actual setting with real people? Your direct approach for info may not go over as well as if you posted a few "warm ups" to let us get to know you.

Please don't take this as an attempt to discourage you-in fact it is just the opposite. We'd love to hear about you and your experiences. Perhaps you can offer advice/insight on topics other members would benefit from.

Again-welcome to Rokslide. We are happy to have you!

OP
T
My bad. I'm from Southern Indiana and I've been hunting for over 20 years. First time going on an out of state hunt. More than likely will be taking 2 of my sons as well who are 11 and 9. Not looking for anyone's honey hole. Just thoughts.

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not sure if it helps but Missouri has a program called MRAP-private land where landowners offer access and hunting under certain conditions. Also don't overlook places like Corp of Engineers lands if that would apply where you are headed. Since you are hunting archery you might find some places that you can get access to that firearm hunters cannot. There are some Corp of Engineers places in SC that offer this.

It's awesome you are taking your sons. Perhaps someone with better local info will chime in.

dtrkyman

WKR
I turkey hunt near that general area, deer seem to have recovered from a few rounds of EHD a few years back, lot's of deer, good bucks are there but true giants are tough to come by.

Look into going later in the month if that works for you! Focus on areas with diverse habitat, look for white oaks and off the beaten path spots!

Good luck!