What public land in a state/ area would you like to hunt?

BDRam16

WKR
I ain't scared to be wrong.

I grew up not hunting in East Texas, surrounded by guys who wanted to deer hunt the South Texas brush country. It's been a bucket list hunt since then.

Hunting a low fence ranch down there in November.

No interest in a midwest whitetail hunt.
Texas is ruined for me simply because of what they have basically marketed as touristy “exotic” game hunting for glorified pets. I know there are places in Texas that aren’t like that, but it just ruins the allure of going there for me.

Now you sign me up for a helicopter hog hunt and I’d hop on a plane tomorrow lol.

Texas is ruined for me simply because of what they have basically marketed as touristy “exotic” game hunting for glorified pets. I know there are places in Texas that aren’t like that, but it just ruins the allure of going there for me.

Now you sign me up for a helicopter hog hunt and I’d hop on a plane tomorrow lol.
You ain't wrong. Honestly, the vast majority of the hunting there has no appeal to me. And it's not gonna be a phenomenal hunt by my standards. I'll scratch an itch (for free) with one of my best friends and hunting buddies.

And it's still home!

Leverwalker

Lil-Rokslider
I would love to hunt a Michigan Upper Peninsula old time deer camp on public land. Complete with a wall tent, 30-30, red and black wool plaid and a camp deer tag to eat venison while everyone was in camp.
The problem is because of lots of wolves and horrible winters there aren’t many deer in the
U. P. anymore.
I have a photo of my grandfather dressed in plaid with his 30-30 standing next to a buck and a doe he shot. Way Cool!
My wife's family on her dad's side are all Yoopers going way back - all the way to the Arcadian migration. My father in law grew up in Gwinn and in his 80's still goes to camp every year, though he no longer hunts deer. Just goes for the camaraderie, same guys easily a half century together and more. Fine old tradition. I've always been a bit of a lone wolf, and my son and I hunt on the move, but I do look on my father-in-law's experiences as pretty special.

My son has his grandpa's 30-30 and his great-grandpa's 38-55, built in 1904 IIRC. I've got my 45-70. We hunt in good-old black and green Johnson Mills Jac Shirts. We tend to primitive camp a few miles from our hunting grounds, but have to admit my old bones would like a bit more comfort....like you, want to get a wall tent with stove, the whole thing.

Nice thought of your grandpa's photo. Hope you get the chance to do it yourself.

FLS

WKR
NE WY/ Western SD Black Hills
Some of the coolest hunts I’ve been on are the barrier island hunts along the SC and GA coast. Sitting in a tree stand listening to the waves crash on the beach is pretty cool. I’ve watched porpoises chase mullet in a tidal creek yards from my tree stand. No many places you can do that.