Nosler Model 21

Knoxp

Lil-Rokslider
Also I would seriously doubt they admit it’s a design flaw! But I’m almost positive it is because if it wasn’t we would have our guns back. They could just put a new wyatts box in or a different brand or tweak the box and follower that’s in there. That doesn’t take any time at all.
I was hopeful that you would get a detailed answer, but truth is if they had an answer already we (the affected) would have already been told about the wonderful news. The longer this goes, the more likely that the severity of the repair, or worse yet the inability to make it functional.

I will say the noise keeps growing by the day. It’s good management to get in front of an issue like this. Between the 3 confirmed folks here that’s almost $10k in MSRP. Seems we deserve a time line if nothing else.

Be350ka

Lil-Rokslider
Also I would seriously doubt they admit it’s a design flaw! But I’m almost positive it is because if it wasn’t we would have our guns back. They could just put a new wyatts box in or a different brand or tweak the box and follower that’s in there. That doesn’t take any time at all.
The response I got today was no response. I mean they responded but the questions were not answered. I’m sure David is a great guy but it’s clear that the owners or top management have either not gotten involved or not made a decision on how to handle it. I just want to be told what the fix is and how long it’s going to take and given some kind or option.
When I called the other day I got the same non answers. I do feel bad for David. I was hot under the collar but I do understand the middleman position. It’s not fun. While he is doing what he can I have decided to move on.

I have a new toy coming in 6-8 weeks. It hurt, but I did it.

I was hopeful that you would get a detailed answer, but truth is if they had an answer already we (the affected) would have already been told about the wonderful news. The longer this goes, the more likely that the severity of the repair, or worse yet the inability to make it functional.

I will say the noise keeps growing by the day. It’s good management to get in front of an issue like this. Between the 3 confirmed folks here that’s almost $10k in MSRP. Seems we deserve a time line if nothing else.
Exactly. Based off the first email I got and what they are not saying….. I honestly think they are either having to re mill the receiver or they are having to build the bottom metal from scratch to fit what they did or didn’t do on the receiver and aren’t wanting to say that. I’m no expert for sure but I don’t know what else it could be.

Knoxp

Lil-Rokslider
Exactly. Based off the first email I got and what they are not saying….. I honestly think they are either having to re mill the receiver or they are having to build the bottom metal from scratch to fit what they did or didn’t do on the receiver and aren’t wanting to say that. I’m no expert for sure but I don’t know what else it could be.

Based on the fact we were told all engineer in the firearms division were working the issue when it first came back, tells me they are prototyping a solution like you suggested. Also, shotshow is normally coming up around this time, they could be getting ready for that and be distracted.

Last edited:

Be350ka

Lil-Rokslider
Based on the fact we were told all engineer in the firearms division were working the issue when it first came back, tells me they are prototyping a solution like you suggested. Also, shotshow is normally coming up around this time, they could be getting ready for that and be distractedly.
I was told that they do have several prototypes. That didn’t sound promising.

After two calls and an email, I didn't hear from them today. I'll call and bug them again tomorrow. I hate hearing crickets and I know we are all busy and slammed right now, but this is appears to be an obvious issue with the 6.5 PRC. I'd be happy with a quick fix or let me trade it in on another caliber. I love this gun and I know it will shoot. I should have done more research on buying a 6.5 PRC in a short action... I didn't even think that this was one, but now I regret it :( I'll ask the same questions .. once I get contacted :)

OP
Wapiti151

Wapiti151

WKR
Oh, I decided to spec out a Gunwerks ClymR in 6.5 PRC.

I’m thinking about shutting off our electricity to help pay for it. 😜
It’s winter, shut off the water first, you can always boil snow…or dirty pond water if you don’t have snow 😂.

Great rifle I am sure you’ll be in love, I may go a similar route if this prc doesn’t work out. I little tiny piece of me kind of hopes I “have” to swap out for a 308 in the M21. Lol

amassi

WKR
Oh, I decided to spec out a Gunwerks ClymR in 6.5 PRC.

I’m thinking about shutting off our electricity to help pay for it.
Don't shoot one, that has to be the best rifle stock so far developed.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Be350ka

Lil-Rokslider
It’s winter, shut off the water first, you can always boil snow…or dirty pond water if you don’t have snow 😂.

Great rifle I am sure you’ll be in love, I may go a similar route if this prc doesn’t work out. I little tiny piece of me kind of hopes I “have” to swap out for a 308 in the M21. Lol
Yea, we have a little snow, so snow gathering and boiling would make for a good activity for the kids. Kinda like little house on the prairie.

You sure cant go wrong with the good old 308. And since Ammo is an issue for you in AK, it might stop that shortage as well.

Ive always wanted a GW and right now there really isnt anything holding me back, so I took that as a sign to just do it. Buying one of those is like having a kid, there may never be a "right" time. hahaha

Oakleys

FNG
It’s hard to get ahold of customer service. The best deal on the 21 rite now is in 6.5 PRC but I’d like to get more info. As in if I could just swap the bottom metal for an AICS setup. Which would be ideal anyways for the way I’d like it. But no answer yesterday or today.

OP
Wapiti151

Wapiti151

WKR
Yea, we have a little snow, so snow gathering and boiling would make for a good activity for the kids. Kinda like little house on the prairie.

You sure cant go wrong with the good old 308. And since Ammo is an issue for you in AK, it might stop that shortage as well.

Ive always wanted a GW and right now there really isnt anything holding me back, so I took that as a sign to just do it. Buying one of those is like having a kid, there may never be a "right" time. hahaha
I’ll send you all the snow you need! Yeah, that’s one of the few calibers we have ample supply of up here…and I sold my 308 a couple years ago and haven’t replaced. Need one of every caliber, obviously.

Let me know how it is, I’ve looked at those pretty hard as well as proof. So many good options out there, would be curious on your feedback.

OP
Wapiti151

Wapiti151

WKR
It’s hard to get ahold of customer service. The best deal on the 21 rite now is in 6.5 PRC but I’d like to get more info. As in if I could just swap the bottom metal for an AICS setup. Which would be ideal anyways for the way I’d like it. But no answer yesterday or today.
That’s a good point…we all know you shouldn’t have to get a $2k rifle and put work into it though, it pains me to think about it. It’s like buying a $700k house to have to redo the kitchen. I digress…

Be350ka

Lil-Rokslider
I’ll send you all the snow you need! Yeah, that’s one of the few calibers we have ample supply of up here…and I sold my 308 a couple years ago and haven’t replaced. Need one of every caliber, obviously.

Let me know how it is, I’ve looked at those pretty hard as well as proof. So many good options out there, would be curious on your feedback.
Will do.

I called today too, and I got a recording that “nobody is available to take your call”, so I left a VM. Got busy with work so will have to call again tomorrow. Disappointed in the answer you got, Jefferson. He sounded a bit frazzled in the email. Shot is coming up next week, all the big wigs will be there for sure. When I do talk to them, I will be referencing this thread…it’s like the 5th thing that comes up if you Google “Nosler model 21”. Needless to say, with the lack of video and owner reviews…this thread will get attention from prospective buyers. If I was at Nosler, I’d sure be taking that into account when making a decision.

If they gave the option (and my gun is affected), I’d swap out for a 308 and go shopping. Worst case scenario, I get yet another new gun.
They are probably not going to talk to anyone now until they get there story straight and figure out what they are going to do. By now I’m sure they realize how foolish they look for the design flaw and for how they have handled it so far!

Same here and I have one that needs to go back. My message today was not nearly as nice as yesterdays. I've emailed them too... nothing but silence. I'll continue to call until someone calls me back. Curious about leaving a bad ratting on BBB for them. Sometimes that wakes them up. This is my first gun from them and I truly do love the gun and it shoots lights out... but I just want it to work!

Oakleys

FNG
Besides the PRC I think I would take the Nosler in .308 or 6.5 CM over the havac due price and components used.