Nosler Model 21

Heard from David and have my mailing label. Should be a quick turn around and issue is fixed.

I had read Bergara was having the same issue with Wyatt components and David mentioned they shared this solution with Bergara and a few other companies.

David said these guns are now loading super smooth and apologized.

He said he was contacting everyone to get their guns back and he made it sound like they should hear from him today.

I hate I have mine sighted in, but I was ready to order lightweight Talleys anyways…

Knoxp

Lil-Rokslider
Boy, that sounds like great news 🙄.

I called again this morning and tried multiple extensions. Finally left another VM for the rifle sales manager.

And you guessed it…. NOTHING. I am wondering if they have it out for me… JK!

All remember I said at the beginning of this thread, I was very excited for this rifle, I gave Nosler the benefit of the doubt, I said it was likely minor and they would take care of it - look where it has gotten me.

I hope that this Nosler Model 21 thread is around for a long, long time.

Last edited:
Boy, that sounds like great news 🙄.

I called again this morning and tried multiple extensions. Finally left another VM for the rifle sales manager.

And you guessed it…. NOTHING. I am wondering if they have it out for me… JK!

All remember I said at the beginning of this thread, I was very excited for this rifle, I gave Nosler the benefit of the doubt, I said it was likely minor and they would take care of it - look where it has gotten me.

I hope that this Nosler Model 21 thread is around for a long, long time.
Well I'm hoping they call you today. David said his job was to call and get all the other guns back in.... I took today, but maybe I misunderstood him. I know he called me and I have the mailing label :(

OP
Wapiti151

Wapiti151

WKR
Heard from David today as well, just got him my return label info. Sounds like they are shooting for a 48-72 hour turnaround time now that they have found the fix. Hopefully we can all put this issue behind us now, and that these rifles shoot as good as the other calibers!

I would guess that for the guys with guns there now, you’ll be getting yours back any day now.

Oakleys

FNG
I just picked mine up this afternoon. Don’t have any ammo to test feeding but Dang! What a rifle! Seems like a lot of gun for the money. Hopefully I can find someone local who has 3 rounds I could buy off them. I hope you guys get your rifles back and see happy with them!

Knoxp

Lil-Rokslider
Today I am actually angry, that’s not something that happens very often, but now that I am, I am 100% done.

I called this evening an left yet another Voice Mail for David. It is time for them to fix their problem and I am owed a resolution. Yet again Nosler continues fail.

OP
Wapiti151

Wapiti151

WKR
Man this thread is a great look for Nosler, lol. Does anyone have one of these in anything other than 6.5 PRC and a report of whether the problem is common to other calibers as well?
From what i have seen on this thread, and others...I have not heard of a single other caliber with any other issues, and one of the guys on this thread (i think with a 280AI) posted pictures and said he would recommend the rifle to anyone. I just sent my PRC back to Nosler today, and have been told it will be a 2-3 day turnaround after it arrives at their shop. You probably couldn't find a PRC right now anyway, according to Nosler, they pulled them all from distributors to fix this feeding problem.

If this isn't THE fix, or if it causes some other issue...I am going to exchange for a 308 and go shopping again. I just feel back for Jefferson and Knoxp, who have been without their rifles for a long time now.

OP
Wapiti151

Wapiti151

WKR
I just picked mine up this afternoon. Don’t have any ammo to test feeding but Dang! What a rifle! Seems like a lot of gun for the money. Hopefully I can find someone local who has 3 rounds I could buy off them. I hope you guys get your rifles back and see happy with them!
@Oakleys you find any ammo yet? Jefferson shipped me three rounds to test mine, I'd gladly pay it forward and do the same for you. As long as you're ok with one being pretty scarred up from my feeding problem. lol

OXN939

WKR
@Oakleys you find any ammo yet? Jefferson shipped me three rounds to test mine, I'd gladly pay it forward and do the same for you. As long as you're ok with one being pretty scarred up from my feeding problem. lol

A gentleman and a scholar. Fingers crossed they get things fixed up for you ASAP

So I didn’t hear from David Monday am so I emailed him around 5 west coast time and he got back to me with this reply.

Attachments

• 3456DC10-A77C-44C0-A142-9301D549A83A.png
    3456DC10-A77C-44C0-A142-9301D549A83A.png
    301.7 KB · Views: 76
Also there are tons of m21 6.5 prc for sale on gun broker. Lots of the listings have multiple in stock. I was told it was the first 64 or so that had issues. I honestly don’t believe that but I’m sure we will find out soon enough. I would look for this thread to continue for a while. When you google nosler m21 review, this thread is third from the top! Btw anyone want to buy m21 in 6.5 prc? 😂

Knoxp

Lil-Rokslider
Also there are tons of m21 6.5 prc for sale on gun broker. Lots of the listings have multiple in stock. I was told it was the first 64 or so that had issues. I honestly don’t believe that but I’m sure we will find out soon enough. I would look for this thread to continue for a while. When you google nosler m21 review, this thread is third from the top! Btw anyone want to buy m21 in 6.5 prc? 😂
I won’t go in extensive details, but I finally found someone responsive at Nosler, thankfully this person insured David returned my messages and VM with a actual call last night. Like Jefferson I was told my rifle will be shipping back this week. It does sound as though there’s a completely different magazine system for the 6.5 PRC.

In my conversations with David and the other individual I expressed my complete disappointment with the management of this issue. I will tell you first and foremost they are not bad guys, but from my view this situation has gotten out of hand internally at Nosler. I’m sure there’s more to the story as there always is, but it’s no excuse for the management of information to the customer base.

My genuine concern is that this new magazine system is unproven in this platform. They found the solution in approximately 30 days. We all know that effectively again we are beta testers. It seems as though this situation would’ve been much better managed by an option offered to allow a switch to a caliber that functions as originally designed and tested. Or had the consumer wished to stay with the 6.5 PRC, that they would be subjected to a longer wait while this new design was proven successful and the customer could have chosen.

Like Jefferson believe I will be sending this rifle down the road.

Last edited:

Be350ka

Lil-Rokslider
I won’t go in extensive details, but I finally found someone responsive at Nosler, thankfully this person insured David returned my messages and VM with a actual call last night. Like Jefferson I was told my rifle will be shipping back this week. It does sound as though there’s a completely different magazine system for the 6.5 PRC.

In my conversations with David and the other individual I expressed my complete disappointment with the management of this issue. I will tell you first and foremost they are not bad guys, but from my view this situation has gotten out of hand internally at Nosler. I’m sure there’s more to the story as there always is, but it’s no excuse for the management of information to the customer base.

My genuine concern is that this new magazine system is unproven in this platform. They found the solution in approximately 30 days. We all know that effectively again we are beta testers. It seems as though this situation would’ve been much better managed by an option offered to allow a switch to a caliber that functions as originally designed and tested. Or had the consumer wished to stay with the 6.5 PRC, that they would be subjected to a longer wait while this new design was proven successful and the customer could have chosen.

Like Jefferson believe I will be sending this rifle down the road.
Beta tester is right. Exactly what I mentioned in a phone call that I wasn’t fond of becoming. When you get your rifle back can you measure to see what the max cartridge overall length would fit in the magazine. The factory Hornady Match ammo JUST BARELY fit in the original mag box. Maybe that contributed to the rough feeding when it actually functioned.

I’d love to know who is making this new box, spring and follower. Part of the allure to me was the list of big names contributing to this rifle. But as we learned, plug and play doesn’t always work.

Ok. That’s the info I was wanting. I wasn’t sure if you could use a Talley or something else. Hawkins hybrid or something maybe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just ordered some talley 1 inch low for my model 21 to use with leupold 4.5-14x40 boone and crocket scope. They are now available on their website

645 est on Thursday and still no tracking number. I don’t know if it has shipped or not. Most likely not. 🙄

Knoxp

Lil-Rokslider
645 est on Thursday and still no tracking number. I don’t know if it has shipped or not. Most likely not. 🙄
I was told the same “most likely today” and that we would be contacted in writing to confirm our return shipping address as it was a ATF requirement. I’ll also asked what the company was offering for the trouble (since that was offered by Nosler). I was told that it hadn’t been worked out as of our phone call and the decision was still with the Director.

I told that the folks I talked with that the person in charge of the comminution strategy should be fired, because in my honest opinion they are incompetent in how to communicate and resolve issues instead of ordering a gag on the flow of information.

Once again, I am receiving a rifle that has a newly formed design function that has not been field tested.

I am hopeful that the engineer at Nosler, said hey let’s test this with a whole lot of ammo manufactures and projectiles, not just min and max specs within their own offerings.

Again we know none of this because a consistent message has not been offered.

Brand new product launch, this review is now the third in the Google line up for The Nosler 21 review.