Nosler Model 21

This is called running a business/customer service 101. It should go like this:

Nosler: Hello, it's a great day (giving customers the runaround) at Nosler. How may I direct your call?
Customer: Hello I am having a problem with my rifle?
Nosler: Is it the model 21 in 6.5 PRC?
Customer: Yes it is.
Nosler: We are so sorry.....What is your email address? We will send you a prepaid shipping label. Let us know if you would like us to repair the rifle, refund your money, or provide a model 21 in another caliber. Thank you for your patience as we work through this process. Feel free to email us or call if you need anything at all.

(Nosler, feel free to PM me for my 1099 number so you can pay my consulting fee)

It AMAZES me that they pretend not to know what the problem is, or ask you to make videos, etc. Insulting really. Own your mistakes and make it right. Anything less is inexcusable, especially for a company of this size.

Have they been gobbled up by one of those Vista group kind of outfits? I sure like their shooters pro shop, great service there. Hope they get this 21 business under control.

This is called running a business/customer service 101. It should go like this:

Nosler: Hello, it's a great day (giving customers the runaround) at Nosler. How may I direct your call?
Customer: Hello I am having a problem with my rifle?
Nosler: Is it the model 21 in 6.5 PRC?
Customer: Yes it is.
Nosler: We are so sorry.....What is your email address? We will send you a prepaid shipping label. Let us know if you would like us to repair the rifle, refund your money, or provide a model 21 in another caliber. Thank you for your patience as we work through this process. Feel free to email us or call if you need anything at all.

(Nosler, feel free to PM me for my 1099 number so you can pay my consulting fee)

It AMAZES me that they pretend not to know what the problem is, or ask you to make videos, etc. Insulting really. Own your mistakes and make it right. Anything less is inexcusable, especially for a company of this size.
This is exactly how CZ has worked for me. I called about a new 75 that had a little bit more frame/slide slop than their typical tighter tolerance. In the initial conversation I was immediately offered an apology and told we will get this looked at. Within minutes a shipping label was in my email and later that day the firearm was shipped off. One day later I received a follow up email stating that they had received my package and I could call at anytime to check on status, but 3-4 weeks is typical. After two weeks I called just to see... I was told that I was scheduled for the next week. That timeframe held and I had a tracking number in an email as promised. When I got the firearm back I noticed that there was a note in the box. It said that the firearm was replaced because the fit was on the looser end of spec. I called to thank the CZ team and they said that they try to help like that if a replacement is available. They again thanked me for my patience in the process.

I’m a CZ fan!

No response to me email last night, so I emailed Zach at the email in his signature block as shared by Jefferson, again formally requesting my refund.

I wonder where Jefferson is at with his request?

I was considering one of these when seeing the price of a 6.5 PRC. Not now…. Too much of a risk.

Just another thought, these actions were made by MacBros. Wonder if they have any input as to feeding a 6.5 PRC?

Just called and left a message. Hoping Nosler contacts me back. I'm not sure where my gun is right now and just curious what they are saying about the fix not fixing it :(

No response to me email last night, so I emailed Zach at the email in his signature block as shared by Jefferson, again formally requesting my refund.

I wonder where Jefferson is at with his request?
You heard back from anyone yet?

I have attached the latest email from zach the head of PR. Gun is going back today and they will issue me a refund check. I was told yesterday by him that they scalloped out the bottom metal to make more room and they changed the follower spring. If that’s all they did then why did it take so long 😂? I will say that the first round feeds easier than it did before but still not easy. The second and third round do not feed at all unless you stick your finger in and move the round forward some and then sometimes it still doesn’t feed. About every third time if I loaded the rounds forward just a hair I could get all 3 to feed. But it has to be in the exact perfect spot. There is no margin for error. Also even when they do feed they still scratch the brass! Where do you think that brass will end up? In the barrel! So you guys that have these guns and say they feed, better check your brass. The action is simply not big enough. There is not enough length and width inside the receiver for it it work. They will have to re mill the receiver to make it work right which is what I said form the beginning! Even if you tweak the spring it will still be tight and scratch brass. I even tried just loading two rounds and it was not any better. They either don’t have any decent gun smiths or they simply don’t take pride in there work.

Attachments

• 79ED6080-C7B4-437F-B4DD-8CC832827FAE.png
    79ED6080-C7B4-437F-B4DD-8CC832827FAE.png
    420.8 KB · Views: 46
I have attached the latest email from zach the head of PR. Gun is going back today and they will issue me a refund check. I was told yesterday by him that they scalloped out the bottom metal to make more room and they changed the follower spring. If that’s all they did then why did it take so long 😂? I will say that the first round feeds easier than it did before but still not easy. The second and third round do not feed at all unless you stick your finger in and move the round forward some and then sometimes it still doesn’t feed. About every third time if I loaded the rounds forward just a hair I could get all 3 to feed. But it has to be in the exact perfect spot. There is no margin for error. Also even when they do feed they still scratch the brass! Where do you think that brass will end up? In the barrel! So you guys that have these guns and say they feed, better check your brass. The action is simply not big enough. There is not enough length and width inside the receiver for it it work. They will have to re mill the receiver to make it work right which is what I said form the beginning! Even if you tweak the spring it will still be tight and scratch brass. I even tried just loading two rounds and it was not any better. They either don’t have any decent gun smiths or they simply don’t take pride in there work.
So seems like this was not tested thoroughly and that is not the picture I was painted... but maybe I just didn't understand. I really thought they changed everything, follower, box, spring and bottom plate :(

I've emailed Zach to start the process.

Nosler has my 6.5 PRC, they received it 02/04/22. I have not received any communication since the shipping label from Nosler. I was planning on calling them Friday the 11th. When I did talk to Nosler, they said they will install a new custom-made magazine box, follower and spring. From what I am reading now, I am even more concerned.

Nosler has my 6.5 PRC, they received it 02/04/22. I have not received any communication since the shipping label from Nosler. I was planning on calling them Friday the 11th. When I did talk to Nosler, they said they will install a new custom-made magazine box, follower and spring. From what I am reading now, I am even more concerned.
Sorry man. I’d save yourself the aggravation and just request a refund. This model seems to have been a rush job and plagued with problems. If it’s not a feeding issue it’s the high bases that seem to be needed for the bolt to clear the scope tube. Now that a few have mounted scopes I can see why they included these high bases.

They lied to you and all of us! They aren’t doing that! Ask for your money back or a different caliber if they will let you!

Heard from Zach and have confirmation my 6.5 PRC is loading fine. Zach relayed, if I got it and wasn't happy, they would make things right. I can swap calibers if I want. This gun was a shooter and if it is fixed, I'll be happy with it. They ran it upside down, sideways, shells in forward, back and all at different areas inside the magazine and no issue nor no brass scratching.

I am going to take my chances and see what it is like. Hoping my outcome is better than Jeffersons and my decision is based on how well this gun shot. I might regret it later, but if it doesn't work when I get it, I'll just change calibers. Until the Bergara Canyon is in stock regularly, I just do not see another gun that comes close to these features. I might change my mind on that comment this weekend when I'm playing around with the Cooper rifles I'm going to look at :)

I'm not having the issue of cheek weld on mine and with my Talley Rings, my scope is setting low to the barrel and fitting me fine too. No handle hitting the scope. I asked them not to ship it back, since I'll be away until next Tuesday.

Heard from Zach and have confirmation my 6.5 PRC is loading fine. Zach relayed, if I got it and wasn't happy, they would make things right. I can swap calibers if I want. This gun was a shooter and if it is fixed, I'll be happy with it. They ran it upside down, sideways, shells in forward, back and all at different areas inside the magazine and no issue nor no brass scratching.

I am going to take my chances and see what it is like. Hoping my outcome is better than Jeffersons and my decision is based on how well this gun shot. I might regret it later, but if it doesn't work when I get it, I'll just change calibers. Until the Bergara Canyon is in stock regularly, I just do not see another gun that comes close to these features. I might change my mind on that comment this weekend when I'm playing around with the Cooper rifles I'm going to look at :)

I'm not having the issue of cheek weld on mine and with my Talley Rings, my scope is setting low to the barrel and fitting me fine too. No handle hitting the scope. I asked them not to ship it back, since I'll be away until next Tuesday.
Now I’m even more pissed lol. I asked up front over a month ago if I could switch calibers. I asked several times in different emails and never got an answer. I could have saved time and money for both of us and still been a customer. What a dumb company. If there ass was on fire they wouldn’t know it.

Back