Official Montana 2022 draw thread!

Did you draw and with how many preference points?

• 0 points, successful

Votes: 37 16.0%
  • 0 points, unsuccessful

Votes: 15 6.5%
  • 1 point, successful

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • 1 point, unsuccessful

Votes: 36 15.6%
  • 2 points, successful

Votes: 72 31.2%
  • 2 points, unsuccessful

Votes: 15 6.5%
  • 3 points, successful

Votes: 17 7.4%
  • 3 points, unsuccessful

Votes: 5 2.2%
  • Resident/NA

Votes: 28 12.1%

• Total voters

j_volt

WKR
Group of 4 with 2 PPs for general deer. I am hoping for a third year in a row in Montana chasing deer. Fingers crossed!

bsnedeker

WKR
This year:
  • Non-res general deer combo after buying 3 preference points. [Am zero for 3 since 2019.]
  • Single application.
  • Easy "no" this year to pay $100 for another pref point. Would have cost me +$250 in PPs to get one $700+ deer tag :oops:! I did not draw with 3PPs in 2021.
  • Still banking bonus points for later date.
I think 3 PPs is the max allowed. That's crazy you didn't draw with 3 last year. I think there were only like 2 people that happened to, but I could be wrong.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Thanks, j_volt.

Yes, I became familiar with the PP draw stats in NOV 21, so at that point understood that I should have drawn in 2021 (and 2020, statistically). Two years ago my FWP account had a glitch so was wiped and MT G&F reissued a new account with my bonus and preference points carried over. My only guess is that my pre-glitch points aren't being calculated. My approach is to wait for the draw results. When I draw, will contact MT G&F and request a refund for excess point/ask to carry the point.

Trap

Lil-Rokslider
Group of 2 in for big game combo with 0 points in elk draw with an average of 5 or 6 bonus points around 3 percent chance on le elk

johnsd16

WKR
Group of two, deer combo, had 1pp and bought a 2nd at application. Either way I'll be going with the kids on their tags.

Bones72

FNG
I put in for 620-21 with 3 preference points and 3 bonus points. I don't know what the odd were, but I'm hopeful.

ez_willie

Lil-Rokslider
We are in the same boat since I hunted Montana last year and going into the draw with 1 point and my two buddies have 2. I'm bringing the group down and not feeling good about our chances unless the price of everything this year keeps the NR numbers down.
We are in the same boat since I hunted Montana last year and going into the draw with 1 point and my two buddies have 2. I'm bringing the group down and not feeling good about our chances unless the price of everything this year keeps the NR numbers down.
We kicked our 3rd member out to go in with 2 instead of 1.667 😂😂

Usi05

WKR
Non Res elk combo with 2 PP. Was on fence about buying a third but felt good after looking at last years stats.

Have 2 bonus points but didn’t apply for LE this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Packer9037

Lil-Rokslider
Man you all got me way nervous now! I was nervous about going back country by myself so applied with a buddy for a NR Gen Combo…avg 1.5 preference points. I’ve been practicing hiking with my bow here in MN and really think I have it perfected!