Official Montana 2023 Draw Thread!

What season are you planning to hunt?

• Total voters

Fowl Play

WKR
Wow… thought you guys were being extreme calling it tissue paper. Opened the letter after working outside in the yard. Slightly sweaty hands darn near tore it in half. When I meet Mr. Green jeans at the trailhead, hope he understands why my tag is just a zip tie with a bit of leftover paper underneath it.

OP
mountainman406
Well Everyone, it's nearly that time of year again. I just wanted to get ahead of the game and start a thread so that we can all communicate our annual victoires/frustrations with the Montana draw system. Best of luck to everyone this year!

(quickest search method) Excel Search: https://myfwp.mt.gov/fwpExtPortal/searchHunters_input.action
(standard search method) Drawing Lookup: https://myfwp.mt.gov/fwpExtPortal/myDrawResult_input.action

Not sure if you are using this link already but it worked for me…..although mine shows unsuccessful for both my deer and elk B tags

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Legend

WKR
Not sure if you are using this link already but it worked for me…..although mine shows unsuccessful for both my deer and elk B tags

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is the link I am trying. I am no stranger to this method but I still get in process. Guess I will just wait.

Bummer on the tags for you. I bank on getting a cow every year for the freezer.

Does anyone know if the Elk B draw is considered final? I haven't seen an email yet, but it shows unsuccessful for both 1st and 2nd choice. Message says unsuccessful for draws that have been finalized. I didn't expect to draw my 1st choice, but based on the 2022 draw results I should have had a pretty good shot at my 2nd choice.

Does anyone know if the Elk B draw is considered final? I haven't seen an email yet, but it shows unsuccessful for both 1st and 2nd choice. Message says unsuccessful for draws that have been finalized. I didn't expect to draw my 1st choice, but based on the 2022 draw results I should have had a pretty good shot at my 2nd choice.
I've checked with 6 applicants locally that have all struck out on Elk B Tags. Figured at least one of us would draw something, be curious to see the draw odds next year.

It’s final. If it’s posted Unsuccessful, you’re done.

The draw odds that have really tanked over the last few years is antelope.

mpb21

FNG
Does anyone know if the Elk B draw is considered final? I haven't seen an email yet, but it shows unsuccessful for both 1st and 2nd choice. Message says unsuccessful for draws that have been finalized. I didn't expect to draw my 1st choice, but based on the 2022 draw results I should have had a pretty good shot at my 2nd choice
Montana only looks at your 2nd choice if your 2nd choice district has a surplus of tags vs people who had that district as their first choice. In other words, they dont look at all your choices if your number is pulled. Your 2nd choice would need to have more tags available than people who put in for that district as their first choice in order for your 2nd choice to be considered.