Ogden, Utah?

Scrappy

WKR
Got a simple question for those in the know. If you had a desire to live near the mountains and Ogden, Utah was where you could get a job to allow you to live within a few hours of several western states you wanted to hunt each fall, would you make the move? If not why? Thanks, look forward to guys feedback.

mlob1one

WKR
Depends on what state you're leaving. I moved from Oregon to Utah 8 years ago and haven't looked back.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

WKR
Depends on what state you're leaving. I moved from Oregon to Utah 8 years ago and haven't looked back.

We are from Texas but we have been living in Iowa since 07 chasing big whitetails. Got the itch to chase more big game and want to live closer than a twenty hour drive.

Northern Utah is pretty and a great home base for hunting in other states.

I would not move to UT for the opportunity to hunt other states. I did it and wish I would have just moved to a state with good hunting like CO. Then you have good in state hunting and other states to hunt. N. UT has great mountains but hunting in general in UT is not that great compared to other states.

OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

WKR
I would not move to UT for the opportunity to hunt other states. I did it and wish I would have just moved to a state with good hunting like CO. Then you have good in state hunting and other states to hunt. N. UT has great mountains but hunting in general in UT is not that great compared to other states.
My wife says i have to have a paying job is the only reason we are looking at the Ogden area. If i didn't have to work I'd already be living in Wyoming.

I grew up in Utah. The hunting used to be really good but in the last 25 years or so it’s really gone downhill. I still hunt it about every 5 years but Utah would be down the list a ways for me. Idaho, Wyo, CO, Montana, NV

Ekrider

FNG
I’m from Ogden, and I’d much rather live there than Salt Lake. If you’re wondering about any certain areas I’ll give you my 2 cents.

Broomd

WKR
I read the KSL website now and then, Urban Utah is getting to be a friggin leftist joke. SLC = the little city that wants to be Seattle so very badly.

Honestly it's disgusting, somebody there needs to tell the Utahn media and SLC to GFY.

From Iowa? Do it. You'll love the access to the mountains and all of the activities. It may not be the best hunting in the west but it offers opportunities for those that put in effort, and no where is what it was 10 years ago.

If you have specific questions, let me know, been in the area for 25 years.

I read the KSL website now and then, Urban Utah is getting to be a friggin leftist joke. SLC = the little city that wants to be Seattle so very badly.

Honestly it's disgusting, somebody there needs to tell the Utahn media and SLC to GFY.
It's not the mono culture, ultra conservative mormon theocracy that it once was. Put me in the camp of that being a good thing.

I moved from the salt lake area about 10 years ago, and I don’t miss it one bit. I grew up there, and it’s completely different now then it was back then. The hunting opportunity isn’t amazing (compared to where I’m at now), the traffic is insane, it’s covered in smog most of the year, and it’s gotten incredibly liberal. It makes me sad every time I go back to visit family.

Broomd

WKR
It's not the mono culture, ultra conservative mormon theocracy that it once was. Put me in the camp of that being a good thing.
Yeah, that's because the Mormon theocracy fomented so much hate....brick throwing, tearing down statues; aborting live, fully developed babies. ..... Oh wait.

Let's see how that 'new' thinking works out for Utah in about ten years, or ten months the way it's going.

Yeah, that's because the Mormon theocracy fomented so much hate....brick throwing, tearing down statues; aborting live, fully developed babies. ..... Oh wait.

Let's see how that 'new' thinking works out for Utah in about ten years, or ten months the way it's going.

The Mormon theocracy has plenty of skeletons in their temple.

curt514

FNG
SLC is really not that bad. I moved for MO where I lived for my whole life until two years ago. Food costs is about the same as the Midwest. Utilities are less, fuel and housing are more. The main thing would be to live close to your employment to cut in commute time. I would out by the airport and bought a house in Tooele. Smaller town the next valley over. Takes me 30 min to get to work in the morning and 35 to get home. Not too bad and saved me about 50k on the house vs the main valley. I would not work in SLC and live in Ogden. That commute would be torture.

If you are looking to move let me know and I can fill you in with what I have learned about being a newbie. Especially if you have an industrial maintenance background. We need people at work and we are having a hard time getting people to pass the test. The work definitely comes with perks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk